Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid/Closed Account Dropped Early

tag
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

Paid/Closed Account Dropped Early

So I had a few medical collections and a paid/closed cable bill on my Experian report. A couple aged off in late 2014 and I was left with three derogatory accounts on my report.

1)newer medical collection- 

2)older medical collection-

3)paid/closed comcast cable bill-

the older medical collection was due to drop off at the end of Febuary. The paid cable bill was about one year old. I got my Experian report from Experian to check if the older medical collection fell off like I was expecting. It did but to my surprise so did the paid/closed comcast cable bill that was only about one year old. I was not expecting this.

is it normal for paid/closed derogatory accounts to drop off early? I expected it to report for seven years so this is six years early. I have not sent any goodwill letters or contacted them at all since I paid it. They did say at that time they would put the request in to remove it from my reports but that was about ten months ago and it was still there in Febuary. So unless it took them all this time to make good on their word I'm guessing a friendly employee from Experian did me a favor?

any idea how I got so lucky and if this is a final decision? Could it pop back up?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Paid/Closed Account Dropped Early

@Gardenhand wrote:

is it normal for paid/closed derogatory accounts to drop off early?

I'm not sure you can call it normal but it does happen.

@Gardenhand wrote:

I'm guessing a friendly employee from Experian did me a favor?

Experian can't just remove it on a whim.  It may have taken a long time for the company responsible to follow through on your request.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.