Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection

tag
hawaiitony
New Contributor

Paid Collection

I have a Cingular account that was sent to a Collection Agency, which is now paid. If I wanted to send a GW letter, would I send it to Cingular or the CA.

Another question.....I had an account that was charged of by the OC due to BK, but the account was not included in the BK and the account was paid in full by regular monthly payments. Would it be worth the effort of sending GW to the OC? Would having this item removed actually help my score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hawaiitony
New Contributor

Re: Paid Collection

Bump...anyone?
Message 2 of 4
lyssa29
New Contributor

When I sent a GW to a doctor, they said they would love to help, but since it was the CA reporting, they didn't/couldn't do anything.  They even called the CA and the CA said that they showed a 0 balance and that was all they could report.  So I said they could remove it if they wanted, but the doctor didn't want to second guess the CA and call again.

I think removing any charge off could only help? 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

hawaiitony wrote:
I have a Cingular account that was sent to a Collection Agency, which is now paid. If I wanted to send a GW letter, would I send it to Cingular or the CA.

The one reporting on your CR.

Another question.....I had an account that was charged of by the OC due to BK, but the account was not included in the BK and the account was paid in full by regular monthly payments. Would it be worth the effort of sending GW to the OC? Would having this item removed actually help my score?
Depends on whether you'd lose age with it being removed or not.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.