Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collections... PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Collections... PFD?

I have a collections account that was PIF'ed before I knew about these forums. I know I can gw them, but if I offer a $25.00 pfd, would that be persuasive, and legal even? I do have a legit story, but am trying to move out of a horrible neighborhood and this is one of a few things affecting my credit score.

Oh, and don't ever name your kid so and so JR. When your dad is ruining his credit, you can wind up disputing a whole lot of things that went under your name. I just got turned down for a job because of it!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Collections... PFD?

send a GW letter and dispute with the CRA that you were never late with payment
Message 2 of 8
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Don't dispute with the CRA's.  You will just piss off the CA when the CRA's do the investigation and your GW went to waste.  Just send the GW letters and deal with them since you paid them and not the OC.  What will happen if you dispute this with the CRA's is they will investigate and the CA will continue reporting the derog and you will have a dispute, which from what I understand drops your score and the derog will stay on your report.
How old is it?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

opened 2003, collections 2006 paid in full 2006.

What I want (which I dont stand a chance for) is to re-open the account, keep the same account number, and erase the bad history. This was my first offer of credit, and of course because I was immature and irresponsible then; I messed it up.

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

People here have had success by sending a DV to paid CAs.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already sent a GW letter to them though. If I dont see a change within a month, (I will pull my 3 credit bureau and 3 fico score for $50.00 deal) I will send a dv letter. I might call them tonight and see if I can get them to do it over the phone.

Message 6 of 8
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Just be sure to be nice to them.  I wouldn't talk to them on the phone though, because they do some crazy stuff and may talk you into something and really screw you over.  Just remember that.  If I were you, I would just continue sending GW's until they give in.  NEVER sign your name on them though.  Whatever you do.  Also, on the phone, they may ask for your SS# and you might give in to them.  Really, I wouldn't call them.  They are sneaky, slimy snakes.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will def be nice to them! I am fully capable of being a jerk, but I'm a generally nice person... I know that being polite, honest, and respectful will take me a lot farther than being rude and demanding. It gives no room for somebody to be spiteful, you know? I won't let myself get screwed over; I will make sure I do and get everything in writing. When I paid off the account, I did have Macy's send me a letter stating the the account was paid in full and closed. At least I have that to my advantage. Even still, I won't include my signature with anything.  
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.