cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Legal Judgement that has been removed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Legal Judgement that has been removed.

Here is an odd situation and maybe you can help. I had a judgement from a past landlord from April of 2011. Long story short, I did not feel I was responsible for ALL of the amount they were requesting and they would not work with me. It ended up going to court and I was responsible for little less than half which I did not argue. A judgement was placed and they were paid the following month. About 2 years ago, I noticed that they were showing as unpaid. I contacted the courts, credit bureaus, and the landlord. She never updated the status with the courts. It is now showing paid in May of 2011. I don't recall seeing a huge bump in my score then but I was also going through credit repair and straightening a lot of "transgressions" out. I've read that if you do a dispute with the credit bureau stating that the judgement should be "vacated", odds are it will be removed. I disputed with TU and Equifax (Experian will not let me do an online dispute for some reason). I received an email back from TU today that, rather quickly (1 week), the judgement has been removed. THere was no rise in my score. Is this because it was so long ago? I'm glad to just have it off my record and I'm assuming the other bureaus will also remove it. I would have liked to see a bump in the score but, again, I am fine that it is off. When I got the notification from Credit Karma that it was removed, my score updates. Should I give it more time or just consider it a win that it's off and my score won't change?

THanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid Legal Judgement that has been removed.

If you are referring to myFicos monitoring a removed PR from TU doesnt trigger a score update, looks like it would on the other 2 CRAs. You probably do have a cange of score especially if it was the only derog on file.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQx...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Enhanced-alert-feature-on-the-monitoring-of-...

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my judgement was deleted, I had a very small increase initially, maybe three points. However, the next month I got thirty and that was they only thing that changed. So you kind of just have to wait and see. But I think you will definetely get something. From reading the boards I've seen people generally get anywhere between 12 and 60 points depending on the rest of your credit file. Good luck!
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

If you are referring to myFicos monitoring a removed PR from TU doesnt trigger a score update, looks like it would on the other 2 CRAs.

To the OP: definitely make sure you understand the triggers if using myFICO monitoring.  Not all activity with a scoring impact is a trigger.  The triggers are a fairly common topic.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.