cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid OC. Wonder what will happen next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid OC. Wonder what will happen next?

what do you mean critics??  all DV's do not fit for everyone?   I didn't read all of your letter but I think it is the same that I used.  I also made up a very short one and sent it.

Much has to do with who & what you are trying to do. Also how old the debt is & if it is really yours.

All the info. asked for in this one is NOT required by law.......BUT  in case of a lawsuit  the CA will have to answer almost every one of them.............It also might scare the -hit outta a CA....which is good!
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

so happy, that being said do you think I should send the letter as is, or should i reference the payments to the OC and the lack of notification in the past. is more info = too much info in this case?
Message 12 of 18
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

hippychic, this is the original, I doctored up mine not this one...Just omit where you need to and fill in the correct ca's name(throughout the document)....

edited because I called you pumpkin(was talking to my son the same time I was typing)

Message Edited by scramblingin2007 on 02-25-2008 05:13 PM
Message 13 of 18
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

HappyDays wrote:
what do you mean critics??  all DV's do not fit for everyone?   I didn't read all of your letter but I think it is the same that I used.  I also made up a very short one and sent it.

Much has to do with who & what you are trying to do. Also how old the debt is & if it is really yours.

All the info. asked for in this one is NOT required by law.......BUT  in case of a lawsuit  the CA will have to answer almost every one of them.............It also might scare the -hit outta a CA....which is good!

Happy, some people have been criticising the dv's, saying that they are not legal and such..I don't understand why because it looks legit to me and heck it worked too!Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I used it I checked with my lawyer & he said that it was what would be asked in descovery and that there was no reason NOT to use it for a DV.........The CA  just doesn't have to answer all of it BUT some CAs do not know that.   They must tell you OV  address  amount......they also must answer if they were assigned or bought............It is up to us to find out if they are licensed & stuff.

A simple DV   may work as well also........I used 1 that only had 3 lines in it & it was deleted.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry multi tasking here....when did you pay the OC?
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy,
I paid one of the OC's the week before last, and the other one last week. When i had my phone consult last week with the attorney he mentioned how strong and well worded the DV letters were and that I had obviously "done my homework".

Scrambling,
I have a habit of calling people "muffin" so I totally understand...
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, they moved quickly and I'm not sure what to do next.

Sent DV on 26th, they received on 27th, and on 28th I got GC's and a letter from CA:

"We are in receipt of your letters regarding accounts blah blah... We (i added the emphasis) received payment in full for the valley recycling account on 2-20-08 and you went back online with NW Natural Gas so that account has been paid also, therefore there is nothing due on these accounts.

If you need further information, please contact NW Natural or Valley Recycling as we have no open balances for you inour office."

Ok, so now what? They have not updated my CR's yet, and did not indicate any intention to remove the entries. They received NO money, as I paid the OC's, but they have worded this letter carefully so that it won't help me get these collections removed. What's my next step? Dispute?
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.