Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Orig Creditor direct but CA still reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Orig Creditor direct but CA still reporting

In 2002 I was in Metro Meth. Hosp. My out of pocket was appx $800. At the same time "life" happened and I was slow at repaying the debt but had made arrangements with the hosp. By the end of 2002 the hospital either sold the debt or assigned it to West Asset Management.

After it was sold or assigned to West I continued to pay the hospital directly until the debt was paid off. The hospital accepted the payments and posted them...I tracked this on their payment website. I never paid West anything. Nor did I talk to them when they called, only once did I tell them "I am paying the hospital directly and they are accepting the payments".

Now...after all this time, the bureaus have dropped all the hospital adverse (this was almost a year ago) but the marks from West remain.

It's prob. legal, but just doesnt seem right that West has the right to report adverse info on my credit reports never having anything to do with this acct other than acquiring it.

I have disputed once again with the bureaus and will be contacting the hospital to perhaps get them to tell West to drop the reporting.

Do I have any legal recourse to get West to drop the reporting?

Tj
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid Orig Creditor direct but CA still reporting

What do you mean dispute again, they have verified the CA debt? 

You need to DV them if so instead of re-disputing.  If you have a dispute currently n progress, wait for those results to come in first before proceeding if this round does not remove those derogs.

The DV is the beginning of the legal recourse and usually, but not always, gets business done.

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

tj-taylor wrote:
In 2002 I was in Metro Meth. Hosp. My out of pocket was appx $800. At the same time "life" happened and I was slow at repaying the debt but had made arrangements with the hosp. By the end of 2002 the hospital either sold the debt or assigned it to West Asset Management.

After it was sold or assigned to West I continued to pay the hospital directly until the debt was paid off. The hospital accepted the payments and posted them...I tracked this on their payment website. I never paid West anything. Nor did I talk to them when they called, only once did I tell them "I am paying the hospital directly and they are accepting the payments".

Now...after all this time, the bureaus have dropped all the hospital adverse (this was almost a year ago) but the marks from West remain.

It's prob. legal, but just doesnt seem right that West has the right to report adverse info on my credit reports never having anything to do with this acct other than acquiring it.

I have disputed once again with the bureaus and will be contacting the hospital to perhaps get them to tell West to drop the reporting.

Do I have any legal recourse to get West to drop the reporting?

Tj

Tj,  send a DV to the CA    CMRRR.  They must answer within 30 days or stop all collections (reporting)   You do not need to tell them anything and NEVER talk to any CA on the phone.

Noah has a simple letter that you can send to them...DO NOT SIGN your name  just TYPE it!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand DV but I thought that was for open, deliquents, not paid off years ago, reporting as "paid."

I also thought that DV was what the bureaus ask for when they do an investigation?

This all happened long before I was even interested in what my FICO was much less cleaning it up and only talked to them once in 04 when I told them I was paying the hospital direct....before knowing never to talk to them!!

Also, these are the LAST ones to have removed....but they are stuck like superglue, due to expire in 09.

Also, what is CMRRR?

It just isnt right they just because a CA has acquired your debt they have the right to put a hicky on your bureau. There outta be a law.

Tj
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CMRRR=Ceritified Mail Return Receipt Request
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

tjtaylor wrote:
I understand DV but I thought that was for open, deliquents, not paid off years ago, reporting as "paid."

I also thought that DV was what the bureaus ask for when they do an investigation?

This all happened long before I was even interested in what my FICO was much less cleaning it up and only talked to them once in 04 when I told them I was paying the hospital direct....before knowing never to talk to them!!

Also, these are the LAST ones to have removed....but they are stuck like superglue, due to expire in 09.

Also, what is CMRRR?

It just isnt right they just because a CA has acquired your debt they have the right to put a hicky on your bureau. There outta be a law.

Tj

threads to read

You dispute with the CRAs     you send a DV to CAs
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.