Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid account one day after it was charged off

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Paid account one day after it was charged off

I am really trying to get my credit in line as i am in the military as i stated in other post.  My wife over drew an account and did not inform me until a day before i was to be charged off and sent to collection.  I could not make it to the bank in time that day but made it the next day and paid it off.  They failed to report that i paid it off and not only that they ended up owing me money.  As far as getting this off my credit report will a GW letter be good for this?  They are a military focused bank and they understand how important it is for military personnel to maintain a good credit history.  I plan on sending in a GW letter and calling as well as going up to the branch and talking to someone.  Over the past few months i have managed to get one item removed as well as the late payments and they shot my score up from 476 to 541. 

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid account one day after it was charged off

Jenkins... first, from all of us, thank you for your service to our country.

Second, the bank can actually reverse your "charge-off" status immediately if you find the right person to work with. Be diligent, do some research, and find out the name of the president of that bank. Then find a way to call him/her and that's where it could get tricky. If it's a large bank they'll likely have layers and layers of people in place to try and KEEP you from reaching the bank president, but you can still do it.

If it's a small bank, you'll probably have greater luck. And when you DO reach this person, be courteous and explain your situation, and furthermore, explain that you need the charge-off status reversed. It's fairly plain to see that there was simply a time lapse and that you had every intention of paying this debt, which you did in fact pay.

You should be just fine. Now about your wife overdrawing that account...
Message 2 of 3
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid account one day after it was charged off

yea she is another story glad this is he only damage she did to my credit

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.