Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid accounts still showing late status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid accounts still showing late status

I know I tried a GW letter (for the late payment) to the bank where I had the auto loan with, before I even realized I  had the "30 days late" STATUS issue, and they said they couldn't report inaccurate information, etc, but the banker also sent me a copy of what they had reported to the CRA's, which was accurate.

So...I'm thinking this is one to dispute directly to the credit bureaus - because it's probably their error that the status never got changed once the account was current - and see what happens.  I may try that soon and I'll keep you all posted.
Message 11 of 39
scoreclimber
Established Member

I did dispute with all 3 CRAs and 2 out of the 3 came back 'verified'.  Maybe I'll call the companies and see what I can do, then try a MOV with the CRA's.

Thanks for your input!
Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have any of you had any luck getting the current status updated yet??  I haven't on mine but would love to hear from those who have.
Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a number of accounts that have this same problem.  Did anyone ever get theirs resolved?
Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I gave up on mine until this week, when I decided to tackle it again. I disputed online with Transunion as well as called them.

The rep from TU sat and argued with me on the phone, thinking that I was asking them to remove the late payment.

I said "no", I am well aware the late payment will stay on there, what I am talking about is the "Pay Status". She still was arguing with me until I asked for a supervisor. Well the Supervisor must've explained it to her and she got back on the phone and said she is putting in a dispute on that item and it will be investigated.

So, basically I think it will come back "verified" again, and I will be screwed! I didn't think this would matter so much because the balance is zero, but I was actually declined a credit card recently because of it, and because it is listed as a "delinquency."

You would think the rep would just have a brain and be like "yeah, that is wrong, here, let me fix it!" BUT NO!!!! The customer service reps I have dealt with over the phone for all of the credit bureaus have been very condescending and unwilling to help.

So frustrating! The way the credit bureaus report becomes a definite glitch in the FICO scoring system because reporting incorrect information alters the calculation of risk. And in the meantime all of our finances are at stake.
Message 15 of 39
bott6698
Established Contributor

I also have the same issue with 2 accounts. Dang electric company had me down 60 days late and under the current status says 60 days late. Another account with a loan company on a loan that I refinanced shows current status 90 days late. I called the OC and also disputed with the CRa's the OC agreed she would change it to status OK but the electric company argued to the death that I was wrong and that the current status will always show past due 60 days for 7 years.

Can one of the seasoned pro's help us here? When fico is calculating our score is it affected by when current status says past due 60 days when the account was closed a long time ago?

10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump - any mods have any insight on this issue??
Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Off topic.......but Elexi I noticed a BIG score jump in your scores from Aug-Dec last year, do you mind sharing your situation? Did you have some collections removed? How old were they? Do you have a lot of good TL on your report also? How old is your credit hx?

Message 18 of 39
Minnie
Contributor

I have that same problem! I was able to get a student loan changed from currently late to currently paid, but am having a heck of a time with US Bank -- paid in full for 4 months and reporting as currently 30 days past due. The CRAs verify. I called US Bank, and the woman I spoke to was absolutely HATEFUL, and said that it was correct -- that if I was ever late, it would report as currently late. Makes no sense, and other creditors seem to understand the difference. It is a real problem, especially because the "currently lates" really hurt your score! Any help is appreciated!
Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having the same problem with my old NMAC loan.  The current status was showing "Pays 31-60" and the last time it was late was in 2003.   I emailed Equifax last week and yesterday someone called me and agreed to change it back to Pays as Agreed and put a freeze on it so that NMAC can't change it back.  She said to check my report in 30 minutes and it would be done and it was.   My score went up 26 points from that.
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.