Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid auto loan hasn't updated

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Paid auto loan hasn't updated

Paid off auto loan via trade in August and they still haven't updated. Looks like last update was 8/31 and reported open and balance due . Looks like I have 60 grand ind auto loans😩
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid auto loan hasn't updated

Not unusual.

I traded my car in March on a new loan, and it was paid off in less than three days - but didn't update on the CRAs until June.  I refi'ed in August, and the new loan is reporting but the old one is still there too.   I figure it'll go away by Christmas, maybe lol

Just keep an eye on the old one to make sure some rogue computer doesn't sneak a "late" in there when it clearly doesn't belong.  it'll fall off in time.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the creditor and request them to update.
Message 3 of 7
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Called the creditor and they stated it had to handled I the dispute dept!! Don't want that so will give them a little longer. Going for mortgage app in Jan and needs to be gone by then !
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute what? Just tell them you want them to update to the CRA's you paid off your loan. What the heck is there to dispute.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Called the creditor and they stated it had to handled I the dispute dept!! Don't want that so will give them a little longer. Going for mortgage app in Jan and needs to be gone by then !

Your report should be updated by then to reflect current status.  Don't dispute it.

Message 6 of 7
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Right! I don't want to dispute anything! I just want it to report a zero balance! Hopefully, they are just slow and will update by Jan!!!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.