Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection drop off help

tag
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Paid collection drop off help

Hello everyone!  I have just a quick queston.

re:  My very last baddie (a paid collection that was paid 4 months after it went to collections over 7 years ago.)

Didn't know any better at the time, but I was promised when I paid it, it would come off since it had only been four months old. Needless to say it didn't.  Felt better for paying it anyway,but $125.00 dollars has haunted my credit for  over7 yrs.

It was supposed to drop off supposedly in April of this year. It did drop off EQ and EX, but is still on my TU report.  Any advice on how to talk to someone there about getting it taken off?  Telling them it dropped off the other two would certainly not make a difference.  Should I dispute it now or just call and tell them to check into to it.  Thanks all to this board who provide any answers on what I should do.

Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Paid collection drop off help

Hi Jaylee, I also have a collection account; and on my TU report, there is a "Estimated date that this item will be removed" for that account. I think you should dispute if the collection didn't dropoff when the date comes (maybe give it a couple of weeks buffer?)

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.