cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collection removed on Credit Karma but not Fico 8?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid collection removed on Credit Karma but not Fico 8?

I am brand new here and I look forward to improving my score and learning.

Recently I paid a small collection account I owed of $178 to a utility company called Coserv and on credit karma it is no longer showing on any of my credit reports and has been removed completely but it now shows on all 3 of my Fico8 reports as a paid collection account? Why does one remove completely and the other just update as paid collection account? As of now it just shows paid collection account with Credit protection agency and was assigned 2014 but I am certain the account was closed around 2012

Thanks for your time and attention

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid collection removed on Credit Karma but not Fico 8?

It might have updated at a different cycle; I'm assuming we're talking about a fresh FICO 8 (1B) pull from here?

End of the day, the bureau is reference so if there's any disparity go check there and see what it says.  I don't have confirmed proof but I've seen enough discrepancies with my own file and others to think there's a different dataset that all the monitoring solutions get pointed to (and maybe multiple) that's different from the main one you access via a dispute or annualcreditreport.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid collection removed on Credit Karma but not Fico 8?

Thank you for the input.

Kudos on your score improvement! WOW! Great job! I have another post explaining my current situation and hope to be even within 60-100 points of you would be amazing haha maybe soon 

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.