Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid medical collection. Now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid medical collection. Now what?

I wish I found this forum sooner.

I have a medical collection for $55 that I paid in full recently.  The original date of medical service was 12/2003.  It shows that the CA bought it in 7/2005 and that it will be reported until 2012.  The payment hasn't posted yet and I'm worried that by paying it, it'll  be re-aged to this year.

Is there anyway to get this taken off of my CR early?  It's KILLING my scores and we'll be in the market for a mortgage well before 2012. 

Message Edited by massagemama on 03-02-2008 01:53 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid medical collection. Now what?

massagemama wrote:
I wish I found this forum sooner.

I have a medical collection for $55 that I paid in full recently.  The original date of medical service was 12/2003.  It shows that the CA bought it in 7/2005 and that it will be reported until 2012.  The payment hasn't posted yet and I'm worried that by paying it, it'll  be re-aged to this year.

Is there anyway to get this taken off of my CR early?  It's KILLING my scores and we'll be in the market for a mortgage well before 2012. 

Message Edited by massagemama on 03-02-2008 01:53 PM

Dispute the drop date (CRTP)  DOLA would be 12/2003     DOFD might be the same date. It should drop  around  12/2010      The CA re-aged       CRTP does NOT change because of a payment!!!!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I might have success having it deleted if I write the CA a letter?  Even if it is corrected and falls off in 12/2010, it'll really hurt my chance of getting a good mortgage.

Message Edited by massagemama on 03-02-2008 02:03 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

re-aging is against federa law!!!!!  I would go through the CRA  first!  They might fight you OR they might just delete it.

You can try a simple dispute.... OR     file a dispute showing that the CA re-aged.

You can send the CA a GW

You can send the CA a letter stating that they re-aged the account and to keep things simple and not involve the courts Please delete all referance to this account within 15 days.

IMO   I would file a dispute as *not mine*  and see if it is deleted.  
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

massagemama,

I paid a medical collections through the CA and then I called the hospital to check the status of my account.  The OC said that I had a zero balance.  I went to the hospital and had them print out a statement showing a zero balance.  I sent that in to Experian and stated that the money was paid to the OC.  They deleted the CA account. 

One down one to go......haven't been so lucky with TransUnion.....
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

camilleandbella wrote:
massagemama,

I paid a medical collections through the CA and then I called the hospital to check the status of my account.  The OC said that I had a zero balance.  I went to the hospital and had them print out a statement showing a zero balance.  I sent that in to Experian and stated that the money was paid to the OC.  They deleted the CA account. 

One down one to go......haven't been so lucky with TransUnion.....

Do you think it would make a difference that I paid the OC and not the CA?
Does the doctor's office have the power to tell the CA to delete the account from my report?  Or do I need to go straight to the CA?

Message Edited by massagemama on 03-02-2008 05:34 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Dr. has the power to tell the CA to get lost. The problem is that most Dr. (office) have no idea how to handle a CA or what they can & can't do. The office will ask the CA and follow what the CA tells them!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.