cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off collection...can I still do a PFD?

tag
kamila7
Contributor

Paid off collection...can I still do a PFD?

Oops I am still learning here, I recently paid off two collections, amounts 155 and 250, I did not do a PFD, now I just wait 7.5 years or can I still write them a PFD?  Of should I not even bother because the debt has been paid?  Sucks, I just wish I would have known how this system works prior to paying!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off collection...can I still do a PFD?

kamila7 wrote:
Oops I am still learning here, I recently paid off two collections, amounts 155 and 250, I did not do a PFD, now I just wait 7.5 years or can I still write them a PFD?  Of should I not even bother because the debt has been paid?  Sucks, I just wish I would have known how this system works prior to paying!!

Well, I guess you COULD send a PFD, but seeing as it is offering to pay in return for delete, they'd have no reasons to accept since you've already paid.

What is the DOFD? Paying did not reset CRTP, so it may not be that long before they come off.

You can send a GW letter and attempt to have them be nice enough to delete.
Message 2 of 5
kamila7
Contributor

DOFD is last year sometime so it will be there for a while...where can I get a template for a GW letter?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way is to use the search tool for it. When I searched, I l searched for "gw letter" It will give you lots of results and many letters to choose from in the threads. Thats what I did, and the letters seem to be VERY well written. Just make sure you personalize and tailor it to your needs, I wouldn't copy it word for word or anything like that.

I am in the process with a similar letter with Macy's. Good luck!

Message Edited by grandfinale03 on 03-13-2008 10:49 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

kamila7 wrote:
DOFD is last year sometime so it will be there for a while...where can I get a template for a GW letter?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2661
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.