cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off credit cards per agreement with credit card company now showing as a charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off credit cards per agreement with credit card company now showing as a charge off

Back in 2008 I had the following credit cards with the following companies Chase, and two capital ones my debt was becoming too on them so I settled the credit cards, as I look upon my credit cards now it is showing as charge off. I believe it was if I call the credit card and made arrangement plan to paid off a specific amount it should had been listed as settle not a charge of because I didnt let the credit card charge off my account. I wrote to the credit cards company and told them this to the credit bureaus and they still reported is there any way to fix this. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid off credit cards per agreement with credit card company now showing as a charge off

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in 2008 I had the following credit cards with the following companies Chase, and two capital ones my debt was becoming too on them so I settled the credit cards, as I look upon my credit cards now it is showing as charge off. I believe it was if I call the credit card and made arrangement plan to paid off a specific amount it should had been listed as settle not a charge of because I didnt let the credit card charge off my account. I wrote to the credit cards company and told them this to the credit bureaus and they still reported is there any way to fix this. 

Since you settled them and didnt pay in full they did have to CO some of the balance so the reporting as a CO is accurate it should show a 0 balance owed and have comments settled for less than full balance or something like this on the TL. If this happened in 2008 there isnt much time left for them to report. You can ask for an early exclusion from the CRAs 7 mos in advance with TU and 2-3 months with Ex/EQ.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off credit cards per agreement with credit card company now showing as a charge off

How would I ask for I an early exclusion from the CRAs is there a specific format, or specific way to ask for this greatly appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.