Frequent Contributor
Slab

Paid off one of two Installments

I had two installment accounts and I paid off one of them. I still have one installment (car payment) and 7 credit cards (only one with 2% usage). All installments and credit cards have never been late. Will the paid off installment have any affect on my credit score?

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
pizzadude

Re: Paid off one of two Installments

Slab wrote:

I had two installment accounts and I paid off one of them. I still have one installment (car payment) and 7 credit cards (only one with 2% usage). All installments and credit cards have never been late. Will the paid off installment have any affect on my credit score?

Very likely you won't see any impact from this ~ installment loan utilization is a much less significant component of your FICO score than revolving utilization.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Contributor
boomhower

You shouldn't see any change.  You still have one installment so it's still being incorporated into your credit mix.  But as mentioned it's a very small part of your score.

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

The only thing that will change is your Debt to Income ratio.
You've freed up some $$ and now have more discretionary spending.
You could see some CLI as a result.

Good job on paying off that loan!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Slab

Thanks to everyone for your input. Equifax and Transunion have both gone up by 10 points but I realize that it rose, due to a combination of factors.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+