Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid the OC..Now waiting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid the OC..Now waiting

Hey all,
I have a collections for a utility bill that was sent to a CA ( Online Collections) I have sent PFD'S twice and faxed letters as well. They never responded.So, I contacted the OC and 88.00 dollars was being reported on my reports but the OC said my bill was 60.00 so I paid it to them..I explained why the bill wasnt paid and they seemed very understanding...However, can the CA'S up the amount that is actually owed..I already disputed b/c I now have proof its paid...EQ came back reporting correctly being reported..So, I told them to reinvestigate and the CSR said if its been paid they cannot keep verifying it .....So, I know I should have gotten something in writing but I think in this case I will settle if I have to for a paid collection instead of unpaid..I also faxed a letter to the OC asking for removal of my paid account...Hoping for the best, but expecting the worse case scenario..

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid the OC..Now waiting

If I'm reading this correctly I think you have the best of chances for that coming off without a headache. The OC can pull that account from the CA and have it removed.   Hoping it's not a 'worst case scenario" but even that should get wiped with DV/MOV.

I love situations like this where you are able to fix things with the OC even after it went to an outside collection.  That's the ideal way to do it if you are lucky enough (lucky? heh) to have that situation.  The fax to the OC was for them to remove their own account, or also asking that they now stop collection activity? 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

bren39 wrote:
Hey all,
I have a collections for a utility bill that was sent to a CA ( Online Collections) I have sent PFD'S twice and faxed letters as well. They never responded.So, I contacted the OC and 88.00 dollars was being reported on my reports but the OC said my bill was 60.00 so I paid it to them..I explained why the bill wasnt paid and they seemed very understanding...However, can the CA'S up the amount that is actually owed..I already disputed b/c I now have proof its paid...EQ came back reporting correctly being reported..So, I told them to reinvestigate and the CSR said if its been paid they cannot keep verifying it .....So, I know I should have gotten something in writing but I think in this case I will settle if I have to for a paid collection instead of unpaid..I also faxed a letter to the OC asking for removal of my paid account...Hoping for the best, but expecting the worse case scenario..

Bren, send a DV to the CA......CMRRR

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reponse you two...And the DV is on the way.....
Message 4 of 16
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

g'luck bren39!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much SmartCookie...Kepping my fingers crossed..That will leave only 1 more collection to deal with, which will be a monster b/c when I dispute the CA keep changing  the dates...Its medical and the OC which is near me,I think I will pay them and watch the CA roll over behind that one..Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie I just realised in your forst response you asked a question..Yes, I sent the fax to the OC asking them to remove ..Hope it works.What have the got to lose its now paid in full....
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's paid to the OC and not the CA, the CA CAN'T report it. I would dispute it as paid to the OC and send a copy of the check/MO or receipt showing it was paid.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bam thats what I did..The OC gave me a approval code which I gave to EQ so the OC is beeped out....
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good deal. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.