tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Palisades Saga continues

Just wanted a little input on my situation,
Received summons from Palisades week and half ago
-Followed up with DV the following week
-CMRRR, came back a few days later
-Monday received a follow-up copy of original summons sent by Palisades back to me
-I will be going to the County Clerks office to respond to the summons on Friday, taking advice on the situation.
-Acct from 2004, called OC-HSBC who on their file, acct sold to 1st Financial Asset Mgmt 8/06.1stFinancial is nowhere on my CR..smell something fishy !
-Palisades started reporting debt 11/07

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Palisades Saga continues

sasmith71003 wrote:
-Monday received a follow-up copy of original summons sent by Palisades back to me
-I will be going to the County Clerks office to respond to the summons on Friday, taking advice on the situation.
-Acct from 2004, called OC-HSBC who on their file, acct sold to 1st Financial Asset Mgmt 8/06.1stFinancial is nowhere on my CR..smell something fishy !

Umm, by summons I presume you mean you've been sued by Palisades. If so, then you're well past the time to DV. I'd still do it, but you also need to get crackin' on the summons and formulating your response--else you risk a default judgment.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Umm, by summons I presume you mean you've been sued by Palisades. If so, then you're well past the time to DV. I'd still do it, but you also need to get crackin' on the summons and formulating your response--else you risk a default judgment.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah,I answered the summons on Friday,(sorry this might be a double post)
I made a huge mistake of not Dv'ng in time, did that after my first summons,
Not sure if the debt is mine, spoke to a lawyer who feels that if it is only $800 i should settle/pay.spoke to several lawyers who told me i can do it myself.From what i see on the Myfico forum Palisades does not pay nice!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever you do, go ahead and file your answer with the court. Otherwise, they get a default judgment. Bottomfeeders like this live on default judgments, so simply stopping that might make them go away because they know they have no case.

Do you know it's not yours, think it's not yours, or hope it's not yours? Don't rely on hope.

I presume it's small claims, and that tends to be very consumer friendly. There are often guidebooks and how tos you can either download or pickup in person.

If you know it's not yours, and you're willing to go to court, send a DV letter to the CA. Tell 'em you've filed an answer with the court, you know this debt isn't yours, and you're prepared to go to court.

If you're hoping it's not yours, but you know it is, then I'd file an answer and send the CA a cover letter offering a PFD.

Did the CA ever send you initial written notice in compliance with FDCPA §809(a)?

If not, then you need to get with a consumer lawyer because the CA is in violation.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Whatever you do, go ahead and file your answer with the court. Otherwise, they get a default judgment. Bottomfeeders like this live on default judgments, so simply stopping that might make them go away because they know they have no case.

Do you know it's not yours, think it's not yours, or hope it's not yours? Don't rely on hope.

I presume it's small claims, and that tends to be very consumer friendly. There are often guidebooks and how tos you can either download or pickup in person.

If you know it's not yours, and you're willing to go to court, send a DV letter to the CA. Tell 'em you've filed an answer with the court, you know this debt isn't yours, and you're prepared to go to court.

If you're hoping it's not yours, but you know it is, then I'd file an answer and send the CA a cover letter offering a PFD.

Did the CA ever send you initial written notice in compliance with FDCPA §809(a)?

If not, then you need to get with a consumer lawyer because the CA is in violation.

Noah_Bodie, I did DV the CA and also filed my answer to the summons
I am willing to go to court, because the debt is not mine, and further more the debt was sold to another CA and not Palisades (dont know if this would help)
I did not DV the CA that supposedly that has the debt, will mail that DV today.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.