Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper Credit Reports

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Paper Credit Reports

Short of writing a letter requesting my credit reports to each CRA, how can i get paper copies of my CRs?  i like the format of the paper reports better than the crap i get online.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paper Credit Reports

I think under annualcreditreport, there is an option to have the CRs mailed. You can also order each directly from each site and I think you can have those mailed too.

IMO, the format is good online. I'll click "printer-friendly version" when viewing reports and print from there. However, it seems like I had an issue with one of them, maybe TU, where I had to copy and paste everything. It has been a while.

Message 2 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I think under annualcreditreport, there is an option to have the CRs mailed. You can also order each directly from each site and I think you can have those mailed too.

IMO, the format is good online. I'll click "printer-friendly version" when viewing reports and print from there. However, it seems like I had an issue with one of them, maybe TU, where I had to copy and paste everything. It has been a while.

rats, i already got my reports from annualcredit report.com for this year.  also, i can't find the stupid links on each site.  experian is definitely no help.

yes, i also print the "printer-friendly" version.  i just don't care for it.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Gotcha. I don't pay for my reports. If you have TC, you can get your TU for free. If you have an EX service like creditchecktotal, then you can get EX for free. There's a way to update EQ, but it is very tough to describe. You can also get them for free if denied for credit in the past 60 days.
Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Gotcha. I don't pay for my reports. If you have TC, you can get your TU for free. If you have an EX service like creditchecktotal, then you can get EX for free. There's a way to update EQ, but it is very tough to describe. You can also get them for free if denied for credit in the past 60 days.

yea, i have TC.  but i wanted to get my ACTUAL CRA reports.  (to compare to FICO)

thanks anyway.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

yea, i have TC.  but i wanted to get my ACTUAL CRA reports.  (to compare to FICO)

thanks anyway.

I don't know if you caught what I was saying....You can get a free TU report from TC, and no, it is not a TC TU report. Click "dispute". Don't dispute. Log in again. Go through the motions and you'll get a free copy of TU just like via annualcreditreport. But you can pull all the time if you want (wouldn't recommend all the softs, though). I order it once a month to check on the softs.
Message 6 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

OHHHHH!!  I get it now.  Thanks for your patience! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.