Regular Contributor
flyers

Partial aging of inquiries?

I know that inquires are counted against your FICO score for 12 months but does the impact of an inquiry lessen after say 6 months from the date of the inquiry.   IE.   Inquiry dinged me 8 points in January.  Would 6 months later I get back 3-4 points for partial aging of it?
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Partial aging of inquiries?

flyers wrote:
I know that inquires are counted against your FICO score for 12 months but does the impact of an inquiry lessen after say 6 months from the date of the inquiry.   IE.   Inquiry dinged me 8 points in January.  Would 6 months later I get back 3-4 points for partial aging of it?

No, but it would be nice.
Regular Contributor
flyers

Darn! .... I could really use 1 stupid point.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

There are a lot of ways to get a point or a lot more. Can I ask you if you have any CCs. If so, what are the CLs and balances on each?
Regular Contributor
flyers

fused111 wrote:
There are a lot of ways to get a point or a lot more. Can I ask you if you have any CCs. If so, what are the CLs and balances on each?

I have 1 Visa: $5000 limit, balance is $108.   And I have a Macy's card:  $2500 limit, balance is $11.

Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

I have 1 Visa: $5000 limit, balance is $108.   And I have a Macy's card:  $2500 limit, balance is $11.

Great job at keeping your utilization down. That will continue to help you. Try asking for a CLI which should give a bump in your scores.

BTW What are your scores at now? Are there any collections, chargeoffs or lates on your files? If so, you can try a GW letter for the lates and any paid collections and a pay for delete letter for any collections or chargeoffs that have yet to be paid.

Keep us posted.
Regular Contributor
flyers

Scores are 679, 668, 691.   BK discharged in 3/05.   I have nothing left to fix or pay down to gain an extra point to be at a 680 middle FICO.   My score has been stagnant the past 4 months.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+