Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial aging of inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Partial aging of inquiries?

I know that inquires are counted against your FICO score for 12 months but does the impact of an inquiry lessen after say 6 months from the date of the inquiry.   IE.   Inquiry dinged me 8 points in January.  Would 6 months later I get back 3-4 points for partial aging of it?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Partial aging of inquiries?

flyers wrote:
I know that inquires are counted against your FICO score for 12 months but does the impact of an inquiry lessen after say 6 months from the date of the inquiry.   IE.   Inquiry dinged me 8 points in January.  Would 6 months later I get back 3-4 points for partial aging of it?

No, but it would be nice.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn! .... I could really use 1 stupid point.
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

There are a lot of ways to get a point or a lot more. Can I ask you if you have any CCs. If so, what are the CLs and balances on each?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:
There are a lot of ways to get a point or a lot more. Can I ask you if you have any CCs. If so, what are the CLs and balances on each?

I have 1 Visa: $5000 limit, balance is $108.   And I have a Macy's card:  $2500 limit, balance is $11.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 Visa: $5000 limit, balance is $108.   And I have a Macy's card:  $2500 limit, balance is $11.

Great job at keeping your utilization down. That will continue to help you. Try asking for a CLI which should give a bump in your scores.

BTW What are your scores at now? Are there any collections, chargeoffs or lates on your files? If so, you can try a GW letter for the lates and any paid collections and a pay for delete letter for any collections or chargeoffs that have yet to be paid.

Keep us posted.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores are 679, 668, 691.   BK discharged in 3/05.   I have nothing left to fix or pay down to gain an extra point to be at a 680 middle FICO.   My score has been stagnant the past 4 months.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.