cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past Due 23 Times? YEARS after Chargeoff. Can they do this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Past Due Charges and Reports after "closed" "charge off" ??

I don't know if it would help in every case but it could never hurt to add a comment to explain your situation.  I had a credit card recently that was not approved based on score alone, it was only after a manual review of my credit report that they approved the card.  Depending on who may be looking at your credit report, who knows, they may take note of it and give you a break.  If your report is not pulled for manual review then, no, it would probably never be seen.
Message 11 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

HouseHunter wrote:
I don't know if it would help in every case but it could never hurt to add a comment to explain your situation.  I had a credit card recently that was not approved based on score alone, it was only after a manual review of my credit report that they approved the card.  Depending on who may be looking at your credit report, who knows, they may take note of it and give you a break.  If your report is not pulled for manual review then, no, it would probably never be seen.

I would think a comment would only serve to label an applicant as a potential "troublemaker" (credit providers probably aren't exactly looking for savvy customers who know their rights and use them) on a manual review. I never saw the value in it--better to go to the mat over the offending item.

However, I have been tempted to add "THIS ADVERTISEMENT SPACE FOR RENT - PLEASE CALL (xxx) xxx-xxxx"
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was your letter formal or did you just put a statement in.
I have someone I am working with and his car was stolen.  Long story but the insurance company stuck him with the bill and he still has to make payments on a car he do not have.  He did get a lawyer but during the time he thought the insurance company was paying off his car note he has late payments.  I am going to add a letter to his credit reports can someone help me with a sample of what to say.
Thanks
Message 13 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think you can add the comments from myfico.com. You need to pull your reports directly from the CRA.
Message 14 of 16
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  Now there's a thought ... as to advertising in the comments space, Tuscani.

Message Edited by MercyMe on 05-12-2007 03:25 PM
Message 15 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Smiley Tongue

It is tempting... I bet the CRA would get a good laugh!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.