Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past Paid Balance Not erased.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Past Paid Balance Not erased.

I had two accounts that have been paid for. One was paid in 11/2004 and the other one was paid in 11/05. It shows the remaining balance "0" (paid). Is there any way I can dispute this so it can get removed or wont show the late payments on my credit history?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Past Paid Balance Not erased.

You can send a GW letter to who you paid these to.

Otherwise, they can report paid, 0 balance for 7/7.5 yrs from DOFD/DOLA
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very sorry but I'm new with fixing my credit so please bare with me. When you said to send a "GW" letter, what exactly do you mean. Thank you..
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since they are paid accounts, they can stay on your credit reports for 7-7.5 year's from the time they went bad.

You can send a letter to the creditor/collector requesting "good will". Ask them if they can remove it early. Explain whatever situation caused it to be in arrears. You are essentially asking a favor. They don't have to do what you ask, but you are trying to appeal to their human side, and get them to help you.

You can do a search for example's of good will or "GW" letters.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never say that you are sorry for being new. We were all new at 1 time & there are new people coming in every day!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

This thread has 3 threads in it...the abbrevs that we use  one explaining some things about postimg AND  frequently requested thread........this last thread has mega info.......just look under the letters(DOFD SOL DOLA  etc )!

this link is on the freq.requested thread
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mazadatoyota. is your middle name hondanissan. Smiley Happy (just kidding)

Welcome to the forum! GW means GoodWill letter. We have our own little language here to make the typing a lil bit easier. In fact we have a thread marked "guide to common abbreviations at the top of page in orange(we call them sticky threads). Suggest you print it out for future reference. I've been here 5 months and still refer back to it.

Never dispute anything that is accurate on your CR. If the late is correct, then you must GW them. Dispute only inaccuracies on your CR. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.