Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past delinquency made current by dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Past delinquency made current by dispute

I am in desperate need of help!  I am under a time restraint and i have been owrking on my report so i can get a mortgage.  I paid my credit card balances down to 7% and i had 3 negative accounts removed from my score.  However, i disputed the accuracy of an account and this has made it a current delinquency.  I disputed the payments on the account-the report had it listed that i was required to pay $3 -yes $3 a month and that i was 120 late.  That was not true, it was actually paid in full in one installment.  However, now the account is showing on the report as currently being 120 days late.  The credit report states the account was closed in 2004-which is when it was paid.  How can it be reported as a current late even though it was paid off 5 years ago?  It dropped my score 20 points and now i dont even qualify for my mortgage.  How do i fix this?  Is this the Equifax entering information in wrong, or do i have to dispute the account again?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Past delinquency made current by dispute

I thought it would be best to incldue the actual info on the report

STARK-0404012902XXXX

Current Status: COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Account Owner: Individual Account.

High Credit: $418

Type of Account : Installment

Credit Limit: $0

Term Duration: 36 Months

Terms Frequency: Single Payment Loan

Date Opened: 2004/03

Balance: $0

Date Reported: 06/2009 (and the calendar has this month highlighted for 120 past due)

Amount Past Due: $0

Date of Last Payment:

Actual Payment Amount: $0

Scheduled Payment Amount: $3

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported:

Months Reviewed: 9

Creditor Classification: Educational

Activity Description: N/A

Charge Off Amount: $0

Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: $0

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: 04/2005

Type of Loan: Education Loan

Date of First Delinquency: 03/2004

Comments: Paid collection

Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When did you dispute it the first time? What do the comments say in the "Comments" section of that TL?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed the account in may 09 and the comment section the account is paid in full.  The score moniter from equifax is saying that my score dropped because of a current 120 late, and this is the only account i have that shows a late payment at all. 
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Did the dispute results come back?
Message 5 of 8
TheNoZone

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one in this situationI had a couple student loans which I defaulted (120 days late) on five years ago and there were some inaccuracies on the accountWhen the dispute came back, the inaccuracies had been corrected, but the "Current Pay Status" was listed as 120 days past due, even though the balance was listed as $0 and account paid.

I contacted the lender and they replied the current status was paid and was not displaying past dueI disputed again, with the same information coming back from Transunion and Equifax.

I submitted the dispute again, but this time, via mail with paper backupHopefully this will work!

Let me know how your dispute turns out!

Starting Score (09/09/09): EQ 598 TU 617
Current Score (08/03/10): EQ 650 TU 675
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This situation happened to me also. I disputed some items from Afni on my credit reports and one of them updated everything with the date I disputed them. I looked at my recent Experian report that I pulled in April which showed the date since reporting was 11/2008. The new report from Experian shows 6/09 the month I disputed. I plan to call Experian tomorrow and explain to them that they are reporting inaccurate information and fax the April report to them to verify the correct date. I think it is something going wrong in their system that is causing the date since reporting to current dates. Everything is showing as 6/09 on that one account.
Message 7 of 8
nathan
Frequent Contributor

When ever you dispute an acount, be prepared for it being updated. This happened to me and i  lost almost 50 points. It doesn't really matter on accounts that update monthly unless a new derog remark is added by the ca. Always try to settle with the ca through dv pfd, or gw. If all these fail, you may try your luck by disputing with the cra and hoping that they delete.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.