Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past due = denial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Past due = denial?

Has anybody been approved for a credit card while they had a significant amount past due on one of their tradelines on their Credit Reoports.

I keep reading in these forums of people getting approved for credit cards with scores in the low 600s and high 500s. My scores are higher than those and I can't get approved for a single credit card. I've applied for about 16 credit cards in the last 2 months and I've been declined for each and everyone. I have a large open collection on 2 of my CR files, but my equifax has no open collections, and I still can't get a credit card.

I'm already disputing, and sending out GWs, and I've already had some success. But it seems to me, that something is holding me back. The only thing I can think of, is a past due of $2500, from a six year old student loan. It will fall off next year, and all my disputes have come back verified.

I've tried all the easy cards such as Orchard and Hoooters but they were all denied. And Bank of America didn't even give me the 99/500 card.

I've seen people with much worse credit get approved for credit cards. Could this past due cause automatic denial no matter how good my credit score is?
Has anybody ever gotten approved for a credit card with $2500 or greater past due on an account?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Past due = denial?

not an expert but I would say that the frequency of applying for so many cards is killing you.  Why do you want a card so bad ?  not knowing your situation I would suggest waiting 6 mos and work down any deby then try going back.

You have to put yourself in the lenders shoes and someone who is looking "desperate" is probably not a good risk. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Past due = denial?

Federal Student loans have NO SOL.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.