Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete

tag
NRoman
Established Member

Pay For Delete

Mailed out a PFD to a CA. They didn't agree to the PFD instead I received a letter stating they would no longer report to the credit bureaus. What do I do now? I'm confused.
7-28-15: Equifax 649, Experian 653, Transunion 692
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay For Delete

@NRoman wrote:
Mailed out a PFD to a CA. They didn't agree to the PFD instead I received a letter stating they would no longer report to the credit bureaus. What do I do now? I'm confused.

I would be calling the OC and settling with them before they send it off to another CA.

Message 2 of 4
NRoman
Established Member

is that a common occurrence? I saw the letter in my mailbox and assumed it was a yes or no for the PFD. Never imagined it would have been a letter notifying me they were ceasing collection efforts.

So there's a chance the CA I received the letter from will sell the debt forward?
7-28-15: Equifax 649, Experian 653, Transunion 692
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@NRoman wrote:
is that a common occurrence? I saw the letter in my mailbox and assumed it was a yes or no for the PFD. Never imagined it would have been a letter notifying me they were ceasing collection efforts.

So there's a chance the CA I received the letter from will sell the debt forward?

If the OC doesnt own it anymore and the JDB deleted then they are selling it to someone else most likely. You need to call the OC and see if they still own it and if so settle with them before it gets sent off to another CA

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.