rmcarner

Pay off credit cards and reports

I finally consumated a business deal long in the making and paid off 3 credit cards that totaled @ 33K. What a relief! I performed this action on March 15. Prior to building up this debt - my FICO scores were just around 805 on average. During the debt phase which lasted around 14 months they dropped down into the 740's. My question is does anyone have a reasonable guess how long it will be before my FICO scores begin to approach or equal what they were a year and a half ago? I haven't pulled a report since January. Do card companies like Discover and Bank of America report every month? Thanks.

pizzadude

Re: Pay off credit cards and reports

rmcarner wrote:

I finally consumated a business deal long in the making and paid off 3 credit cards that totaled @ 33K. What a relief! I performed this action on March 15. Prior to building up this debt - my FICO scores were just around 805 on average. During the debt phase which lasted around 14 months they dropped down into the 740's. My question is does anyone have a reasonable guess how long it will be before my FICO scores begin to approach or equal what they were a year and a half ago? I haven't pulled a report since January. Do card companies like Discover and Bank of America report every month? Thanks.

Welcome to the forums !

Most creditors, including BoA and Disc, send updates to the CRAs once a month on the statement date.   Then each CRA takes a few days to process it after that.  

Your FICO score should recover as soon as the updated balances post ~ assuming that it dropping due to the increased revolving utilization.

And you're actually in really good shape, either at FICO 740 or 805, or anywhere in between ~ those are great scores !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
rmcarner

Re: Pay off credit cards and reports

That is a relief what you wrote.:smileyhappy: I was sort of surprised that they didn't go down further. A couple of the credits cards had a credit limit to outstanding balance ratio of over 50%. And then I also purchased a use car for 8K on a 36 month payment plan. A couple of those cards were the cash advances with the 3% upfront fee, 0% interest for @ 12 months. You know how quickly 12 months slips on by... I was sweating bullets there toward the end.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}