cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay service/lawyer that can help me wrangle everything?

tag
jarablue
Established Member

Pay service/lawyer that can help me wrangle everything?

Hello.  I wanted to know if there is a lawyer or a professional that I can pay to help me wrangle all my bills together and set up paying them back.

It is daunting the amount of work I have to do.  I just didn't know if anyone offers service like that.  I'd be willing to pay a lawyer or whoever.

Does this typer of service exist?

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay service/lawyer that can help me wrangle everything?

@jarablue wrote:

Hello.  I wanted to know if there is a lawyer or a professional that I can pay to help me wrangle all my bills together and set up paying them back.

It is daunting the amount of work I have to do.  I just didn't know if anyone offers service like that.  I'd be willing to pay a lawyer or whoever.

Does this typer of service exist?

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Your two best choices:

1.  Learn how to do it yourself.  

2. Contact nfcc.org if you can't.

If you pull your own credit reports through annualcreditreport.com, study up here, and learn how to dig yourself out, you'll be in much better shape and less likely to go south again.  If your income is too low to dig out, NFCC is a non-profit free program that can help you.

Most other options are just parasites.  They will take your money and make things worse.

Message 2 of 7
jarablue
Established Member

Ok I don't mind doing it.  One of the questions I have is what do I do if I have a charge off on my reports?  Is it worth paying on that?

What is the best route to go with them?

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Jump over on the Rebuilding your credit boards and post some specifics on the CO. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

+1 on going to the rebuilding forums.  

Pretty much anything but perfect payment history and low utilization on your report will hit your score.  Start by addressing the most recent items, and work your way back to the older ones.  Anythng whowing a balance comes first, and using PFD or DV processes will help you clear them.  If you have old, 0 bal charge-offs, how recent they are determines their priority.  Again, the threads in the rebuilding forum can show you how to start.

Most of us started where you are, and learned what to do.  IMHO, services that do the work for you rarely have your self-interests in mind.  You can do it on your own.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

With respect to using any credit repair organization, my recommendation would be to first determine if you have any inaccurcies in credit reporting that you wish to dispute as part of your rebuilding effort.

For numerous reasons, I strongly recommend the use of the direct dispute process as opposed to disputing through a CRA.

Credit repair organizations are specifically precluded under both statute and implementing regulation from even assisting the consumer in the preparation of direct disputes, let alone actually filing one in their behalf.  If that is part of your plan, then they might be an incumbrance rather than an asset.

Message 6 of 7
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Read as much as you can here and all of your questions will be answered.  These forums really do have a ton of great info.  And yea do it yourself.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.