Established Contributor
mymy

Pay to Delete

How much can I expect Asset Management to charge for a Pay For Delete.  I paid them $1100 for paid settlement status on a CC that went into collection that was $4500.

Also, both creditors CC  AND Asset Mgmt. lare listed on my CR.  SHould both accts have a balance of zero? or be deleted?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Pay to Delete

mymy wrote:
How much can I expect Asset Management to charge for a Pay For Delete.  I paid them $1100 for paid settlement status on a CC that went into collection that was $4500.

Also, both creditors CC  AND Asset Mgmt. lare listed on my CR.  SHould both accts have a balance of zero? or be deleted?

PFD is generally not an option if you already paid. You lost the upperhand now that they have your money.

Do they show as paid on your reports? If so, you could try a goodwill letter.

PS.. you want them both deleted.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+