Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying my ayto loan off ???? Or keep it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying my ayto loan off ???? Or keep it

I just purchased my FICO from this site and it was 626

I need to pay by bills on time from here on out basicly is what it suggested Payment history not good

Amount of Debt good

Time Ive had credit history good

Amount of new credit Very Good

Iv'e had a loan for my vehicle since 2007 I still owe 7,000.00 (I got ripped off but thats a whole other issue) I can pay that off now in 2011 but should I? Will it help any or could it hurt me.

Should I just continue making payments for a couple more yrs So it shows Ive had a loan for 5yrs

What is the best for my credit score continue to drag out the yrs or pay off now.

Heres whats hurting my credit according to this site

Delenquint + Collections

Bad payment history

Short account history (Heres why im asking if I should keep it for the full 5 yrs)

High credit ussage.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying my ayto loan off ???? Or keep it

Is the auto loan your only installment account?  If so, by paying it off you might get dinged for not have an open installment account.  If you paid it now that wouldn't shorten your account history.  The account will still be included in your AAoA for 10 years. 

To get your score up:

Try to GW and PFD the delinquincies and collections. 

Make your payments on time.

Don't open any more accounts for a while. 

Pay down the accounts you have now (High credit usage = high UTIL).  If you have the money to pay off the $7k loan balance, put that money to paying down your UTIL and to maybe PFD your negative accounts. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I just purchased my FICO from this site and it was 626

I need to pay by bills on time from here on out basicly is what it suggested Payment history not good

Amount of Debt good

Time Ive had credit history good

Amount of new credit Very Good

Iv'e had a loan for my vehicle since 2007 I still owe 7,000.00 (I got ripped off but thats a whole other issue) I can pay that off now in 2011 but should I? Will it help any or could it hurt me.

Should I just continue making payments for a couple more yrs So it shows Ive had a loan for 5yrs

What is the best for my credit score continue to drag out the yrs or pay off now.

Heres whats hurting my credit according to this site

Delenquint + Collections

Bad payment history

Short account history (Heres why im asking if I should keep it for the full 5 yrs)

High credit ussage.

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok what do these things mean AAoA

GW

What is PDF

Sorry Im new to all this lingo

Message 3 of 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

AAoA is the average age of your accounts.  You may have a credit history of 10 years but could only have an AAoA of 2 years depending on the age of your accounts and how many you have. 

GW is Goodwill - pleading letters to creditors/collection companies to delete accounts or negative info on accounts like missed payments. 

PFD is pay for delete.  Say you owe a collection company $100.  You offer them x amount in exchange for them to delete the account.  This can be the full amount or a smaller amount of what's owed. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.