Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying off Cards

I am getting a loan to pay off my cards. Unfortunatley I cannot get enough to pay them all off. I have some cards that I closed the accounts and some still open. Should I pay off the closed ones completley or spread out the loan over all of the cards to reduce the balances to below 50% ?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than likely the closed accounts will be hitting you...

More than likely the closed accounts will be hitting you with special interest or maintenance fees until they are paid.  IMHO the sae holds true regardless. Pay the ones that are costing you the most money the chisel away at the rest
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO is just a tool to accomplish other things - the end...

FICO is just a tool to accomplish other things - the end result you should looking for is what a certain score brings you, not the score.

Personally, unless you have some urgent need to get a good score right now, worry more about the financial aspects of it. In other words pay whatever is costing you the most whether at higher interest, or has more fees.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that this means anything - but I agree with other two...

Not that this means anything - but I agree with other two posts.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.