New Visitor
fredc

Paying off Cards

I am getting a loan to pay off my cards. Unfortunatley I cannot get enough to pay them all off. I have some cards that I closed the accounts and some still open. Should I pay off the closed ones completley or spread out the loan over all of the cards to reduce the balances to below 50% ?
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

More than likely the closed accounts will be hitting you...

More than likely the closed accounts will be hitting you with special interest or maintenance fees until they are paid.  IMHO the sae holds true regardless. Pay the ones that are costing you the most money the chisel away at the rest
Regular Contributor
okrogius

FICO is just a tool to accomplish other things - the end...

FICO is just a tool to accomplish other things - the end result you should looking for is what a certain score brings you, not the score.

Personally, unless you have some urgent need to get a good score right now, worry more about the financial aspects of it. In other words pay whatever is costing you the most whether at higher interest, or has more fees.
New Contributor
DionLawOffice

Not that this means anything - but I agree with other two...

Not that this means anything - but I agree with other two posts.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+