cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off Collections/ Advise Please!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying off Collections/ Advise Please!!!!

Trying to obtain a Mortgage, and have been paying off Collections and Judjments as well as disputing items since Feb/2010

Recently received updated credit reports, and have noticed Items as being deleted. I am wondering How much of a score impact this will have on my credit reports in such a small amount of time. with all these items being paid, is it possible for the score to increase 50 pts?

In January 2010:

EFX 592

XPN 588

TRU 555

Since then, Federal tax lien appeared by mistake (which I am trying to have withdrawn from cr's, and has been paid in full before reported) and have paid additional $2500 on 5 out of 8 collections/judjments on Cr's.

as of March 13th 2010 (before the cr's updated)

EFX 551

XPN 570

TRU 544

I need these to be at 600-620 for loan, Now the credit burreaus have updated some of these accounts, and deleted. Will I notice much of a score change? at least within the next 60 days??? Please Help!!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off Collections/ Advise Please!!!!

Hi frustratedTB1, and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

It's virtually impossible to guesstimate what type of score change you'll realize as a result of your paying accounts & some being deleted. You'll need to provide much more specific description of your credit profile, including the derogs (no personally identifying information, just the account types, the statuses, the balances, how old they are, etc...).

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest that you read What Steps Do I Take? Do I DV? PFD? over on the Rebuilding forum. Just paying collection accounts won't help your score, and can even cause a score decline in the short-term. A paid collection hurts as much as an unpaid collection, so make certain that you're trying to negotiate PFDs.

I also want to note that the combination of a tax lien + any other major derog is a MAJOR score killer. You're going to have to want to focus on getting that tax lien removed if it's reporting in error-- it hurts, and it hurts bad. Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.