Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment History and Credit Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment History and Credit Limit

I have two questions regarding my reports.  First, if I have a credit card that shows say a $1,000 balance but does NOT show a credit or high limit, should I try to get the credit card company to report that?  If not, does this affect my utilization %?

Second....  When I pull my TrueCredit reports (Tri) it shows that the payment history of almost all of my accounts are NOT reporting on Equifax.  Credit cards and loans.  When I pull the MyFico credit report, it has the accounts listed there.  Is this just a problem with TrueCredit or are these payments not being considered by Equifax.  They show up for the other 2 bureaus.

Thanks!

TJones
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

HTH

8ballchump wrote:
I have two questions regarding my reports.  First, if I have a credit card that shows say a $1,000 balance but does NOT show a credit or high limit, should I try to get the credit card company to report that?  If not, does this affect my utilization %?

Second....  When I pull my TrueCredit reports (Tri) it shows that the payment history of almost all of my accounts are NOT reporting on Equifax.  Credit cards and loans.  When I pull the MyFico credit report, it has the accounts listed there.  Is this just a problem with TrueCredit or are these payments not being considered by Equifax.  They show up for the other 2 bureaus.

Thanks!

TJones

What card is it.  If its cap one, they do not report limits as of yet.  Suppposedly plans are in the works to fix that.  If its no pre-set spending limits, they don't either.  Your high balance will be considered by the score as your limit.

When you say not showing reporting to EQ. Do you just have plain white boxes.  EQ doesn't really give the green okays on TrueCredit

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brammy.  Most of my cards that are not reporting l...

Thanks Brammy.  Most of my cards that are not reporting limits are CapOne but I do have a Citicard that is doing the same thing.  As far as the TrueCredit report, yes it is just showing the white boxes with no "greens" for payment history.  I assume that this isn't something that I could write to them and have them correct is it?

Thanks again!
TJones
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah tried it, for EQ you only get white boxes.  What kind...

Nah tried it, for EQ you only get white boxes.  What kind of CITI is it?  I know they have those world cards that don't report I would call and ask as long as your utilization is low on it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.... I think I'll give it a shot.  I'm hoping that...

Thanks.... I think I'll give it a shot.  I'm hoping that if they put the limit on it that it will help util%.  We have a Sallie Mae loan that shows us over the balance as well.... says our loan started in 8/05 with a balance of $4,601 - we have made 17 or 18 payments on it - all on time and now it shows our balance as $4,798 (more than we started with)!!!!  Just how they figure the interest or something..... can't get it corrected.  Between the Citicard, CapOne cards and Sallie Mae it looks like we have higher util% than we actually have!  Bummer!

TJones
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.