Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment for Deletion Response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment for Deletion Response

I sent a payment for deletion letter to a collection account on my credit report and the following is the response letter I recieved. I does not appear to promise deletion as I repuested. Am I mistaken? Here is the response letter...

Per your request, the balance due for the account(s) are listed below. This amount is valid for 30 days. Upon receipt of certified payment, Credit Bureau Central will sent notification to the three reporting agencies of the paid in full status and that it should be removed from your credit report. Thank you.....

It says it SHOULD be removed from my credit report. Is that the gurantee that I am looking for??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Payment for Deletion Response

stinger630 wrote:
I sent a payment for deletion letter to a collection account on my credit report and the following is the response letter I recieved. I does not appear to promise deletion as I repuested. Am I mistaken? Here is the response letter...

Per your request, the balance due for the account(s) are listed below. This amount is valid for 30 days. Upon receipt of certified payment, Credit Bureau Central will sent notification to the three reporting agencies of the paid in full status and that it should be removed from your credit report. Thank you.....

It says it SHOULD be removed from my credit report. Is that the gurantee that I am looking for??

Stinger, I don't like the way they worded this letter. I don't trust them.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're hoping that you won't notice the wording. They are NOT promising to PFD. Don't accep it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOPE!!!   did you DV before the PFD     what is the DOFD and what is your SOL?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, they will not delete it from your CR. Only mark it as a 'paid collection'. Which is almost as bad as the collection itself.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This debt is from 2002 so the statue of limitations is up and it should be coming off my credit report the end of 2009. This being said you would think they would be more cooperative. Should I send another PFD request in response to this one?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I'd send them a follow up letter with a copy of the letter they sent and state that I do not wish for the account status to updated to paid in full, I wish for the entire account to be removed from any and all CRAs and that I want a letter stating  "XX Collection Agency agrees to remove account #  from any and all CRA upon payment in full"

I'd say the letter they sent was too general and not specific enough and felt that it could be construed as they only agreed to update it, so I need something more direct in case the account wasn't removed from the CRAs as agreed.

Maybe something like, " I appreciate your offer to update my account to reflect a paid in full status, but I do not wish for the account to updated, just deleted."

But this is just what I'd do.

I want to make sure that if and when they accept my PFD there is no doubt in the mind of anyone who reads their letter that they did agree to remove the account.

If I understand things correctly(and very likely I don't)  when a collection updates to paid in full it hits your score b/c it brings it current and new. This is just what someone said........I don't know.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 02-15-2008 06:16 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.