Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment history does match Last Payment Made date on TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment history does match Last Payment Made date on TU

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to figure out if the DOFD on my TU credit report and the date the CO is supposed to be removed are correct. My last payment date was on 02/27/2008 but the payment history indicates I had on time payments all the way through January 2009. Does the payment history seem odd compared to the "Last Payment Made: 02/27/2008?" Does 12/2015 seem like the correct date for the CO to be removed?

I hope it's ok that I've included a screenshot. Let me know if it isn't! Thanks in advance!

Screenshot of entry on TU credit report

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Payment history does match Last Payment Made date on TU

One cannot use the payment history profile reporting of monthly delinquencies to determine the DOFD.

A creditor is not required to report each delinquency.  Thus, the absence of reporting of a delinquency for a given month does not mean that the account was not delinquent for that month. Thus, one cannof determine the DOFD from looking up the first reported delinquency in the chain prior to the reporting of the charge-off.

Additionally, reporting of a 30-late is not proper until the account has alredy passed 30 days from the actual account delinquency, so even if the creditor reported every delinquency, the DOFD would not be the month/year of the reported 30-late. 

The first 30-late can be used as an approximation, and is usually one month after the DOFD, but that is not always the case.

For those reasons, the CRA do not rely on payment history profile to infer/determine the date of first delinquency.  Rather, FCRA 623(a)(5) requires them to specifically and separately report the account DOFD to the CRA, which stores it under a separate code called the "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency."

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.