Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment to CA or Orignial Creditor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment to CA or Orignial Creditor

I have an accout in collections and was thinking of mailing a payment to the orginal credit via check even though the account is with collections (the CA is giving me the run around with a PFD).  Any suggestions?

After the cash I was thinking of disputing as not mine (the collections part).
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Payment to CA or Orignial Creditor

You can't just send it into the original creditor.   You have first have to find out if the debt was assigned to a CA or was the debt sold to the CA

If the CA was assigned to the debt  you have to call the OC and make arrangements and even then they might still send you back to the CA  that is what they paid them for,  but you can call them and see if you set up arrangments, if succesful  , make sure the CA was notified and you should follow up on that as well and keep all receipts and get a letter stating you have statisfied the debt.

If the CA owns the debt, then you have no choice you have to pay to CA.   
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it thanks. 

Geez these CA are something else.  It drives me crazy!
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I be nosy and ask who the CA is?
Im working myself to death trying to get PFD letters too...but all im getting from everyone is "thats impossible...an account cannot be deleted from a credit file"

Message 4 of 26
Boswd
Valued Contributor

That I wish I could help you with but I was 0 for 5 on PFD.     but my main problem was I didn't have the total balance due upfront so I had to work out payment arrangments.   
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

kham, this board is full of people who will tell you that it is absolutely not impossible, in fact I'd venture to say 80% of us have successfully removed accounts.
Message 6 of 26
Cory
Established Contributor

Personally speaking, depending on everyone situation, what I am going to do is talk to the original creditor and the collections agency.

If the collections agency refuses to accept the PFD letter, then I am not sending them anything and I will tell them up front.

If they try and tell me they will take me to court, I'll say so be it. Any Judge in their right mind should be able to side with me seeing that I'm trying to pay the debt.

One CA, has made a mess of my credit report. So I'm going to tell them before you get this money, you have to fix the mess you made.

These CA are difficult to deal with.

Cory
Message 7 of 26
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Cory wrote:
Personally speaking, depending on everyone situation, what I am going to do is talk to the original creditor and the collections agency.

If the collections agency refuses to accept the PFD letter, then I am not sending them anything and I will tell them up front.

If they try and tell me they will take me to court, I'll say so be it. Any Judge in their right mind should be able to side with me seeing that I'm trying to pay the debt.

One CA, has made a mess of my credit report. So I'm going to tell them before you get this money, you have to fix the mess you made.

Cory

Just be very weary of how far to push it, because they will say in their defense that asking for a PFD is a breach of contract with the CRA's and the judge will most likely side with them.   
Message 8 of 26
Cory
Established Contributor

Okay, thank you. I'm sure I can work something out.

Boswd wrote:

Cory wrote:

Cory

Just be very weary of how far to push it, because they will say in their defense that asking for a PFD is a breach of contract with the CRA's and the judge will most likely side with them.   

Cory
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, ive seen it...but how on earth has anyone gotten a CA or OC to delete.  I have called CAs and OCs and they keep telling me its impossible to delete....they are not budging!
Seriously.....what good would it do me to pay, if its still stuck on my credit report??
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.