Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment to CA or Orignial Creditor

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Payment to CA or Orignial Creditor

kham wrote:
I know, ive seen it...but how on earth has anyone gotten a CA or OC to delete.  I have called CAs and OCs and they keep telling me its impossible to delete....they are not budging!
Seriously.....what good would it do me to pay, if its still stuck on my credit report??

In terms of scoring... proabably nothing.. But a paid obviously looks better in a manual review and is required for some loans like a mortgage.
Message 11 of 26
Boswd
Valued Contributor

and also it gets them off your back, you paid a debt that was owed, you  don't have that pit in your stomach when the phone rings, you don't have to fear opening up your mailbox, and you stop worrying about if one day someone is going to show up on the doorstep issuing a summons to appear in court.    Oh yeah   I remember those days quite well.   It's not a fun way to go through life. 
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm new to this site but I have a question since you seem like you know a bit about having to deal with CA, I have medical bills on my collections portions of my credit which is the only hold back as I see for my score being not so good, but I have paid the OC and when I inform the CRA  about the account being paid, and get a revised report on it, the CA takes credit for collecting instead of the true reciever considering the fact I never had contact with the CA but I"ve been contacted by the OC and it seems like the OC had already appointed a CA but was still trying to collect from me.
Message 13 of 26
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Is the CA showing up on your credit report?
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA still with OC.
CA said will not delete, called OC and here is my letter to them.

Credit Department
Cox Communications
1550 W. Deer Valley Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85027

Re: Account #: XX Cox Communications
Amount: $327.93

Cox Communications:

I just got off the phone with one of your wonderful Representatives Jessica. She was very helpful in providing the information I requested. Jessica informed me that by policy Cox Communications will withdraw my account from collections and remove the negative entries from my credit report after full payment has been made.

In light of Jessica’s statement, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL if you agree to: Withdraw this account from your collections agency and an immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) Listed as Acct XXXX Credit Control Corp. The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, convert the attached promise into a Negotiable instrument in the amount of three hundred twenty seven dollars and 93 cents ($327.93) in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt.

Cox Communications agrees to have Credit Control Corporation delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Cox Communications nor Credit Control Corporation will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and report the alleged debt as “unverifiable”.

If you agree to the above terms, please deposit the attached promise. Depositing this Negotiable instrument (see ARS 47-3104) shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of Arizona.
Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

Timothy
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

They took the bait and deposited the check !!!!!

This will remove all CA from TU and leave 1 on EQ and EX!!!!
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They took the bait and deposited the check !!!!!

This will remove all CA from TU and leave 1 on EQ and EX!!!!

REMOVED!!!!
From EQ and TU as of yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 18 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
Congrats!

Thank you-

I hope I get those 30 points back !!!!!!
As that is how many points I lost when it was added.

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-19-2007 06:31 AM
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.