Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment to Verizon.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment to Verizon.

Hi, When I moved fdrom one place to another , I forgot to cancel my verizon phone connection. Due to which there is a Key Deliquency in my Credit report for 59 USD. When i saw the mnetion in the credit report , I immediately made the payment of the defalt money to verizon. How much will it impact or improve my Credit History and how long does it take verizon to report it to the creidt bureau's abt the payment made. regards Anurag
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
annah618
Established Member

Re: Payment to Verizon.

It should show up as paid on your credit report within a month, I think most companies report monthly.

How it will affect your score depends on a lot of factors. What kind of account is it? Do you have many other TLs on your CR? Do have a good payment history on other TLs? For example if it's a collection account and you don't have many TLs on your CR, it will affect your score more than if it's a just a late payment and you have a lot of other TL's in good standing.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this was your only missed/late payment with Verizon, try to GW letter. Look at the example in Tuscani's GW example thread and see if Verizon is kind enough to remove that late mark from your reports. Doesn't hurt to try.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why didn't you ask for a PDF?  I had theM pop up on my credit credit 6 months after the fact and never once did they bill me.  Getting them to remove the account from my CR was effortless.  Try GW and calling.  Argue that you never knew you had a balance.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the way Verizon does things with "late accounts" is very misleading. 
In my case, since our phone bills are usually pretty small amounts ($50-$75), I would let several months' worth of phone bills add up before I would send them an online payment.  Well, what they say they did was close my acct that had a balance of $169, and open up another acct in my name. So when I logged onto their website, it would look like our acct was in good standing with no outstanding balance due ,,,,, it seemed really fishy they way they did that. If it were not for me checking my CR, I might not have ever realized this info.  I will use a PFD letter, but if need be, I will threaten to write our State Attorney and have him investigate their practice of closing and then opening accounts.
Message 5 of 8
txton

I   AM    IN   THE    SAME    EXACT      SITUATION     WITH    VERIZON............THEY     RECONNECTED    MY    PHONE   UNDER    A  NEW   ACCOUNT    NUMBER........WHEN   I    GOT   MY    NEXT   BILL    IT  SHOWED   A    PREVIOUS  BAL.   OF   ZERO............PLUS   THE  CURR.    AMOUNT..........NO   MENTIONING   OF   ANY   OUTSTANDING  BAL.   FROM  OLD   ACCOUNT.........SAME    TEL.  NUMBER  N    ALL........THEN   IT  SHOWS   UP  ON   TU  ,  EX   UNDER    GTE    SOUTHWEST   COLLECTION............TO  WHICH  THERES  NOT  EVEN   A   #  TO  CALL.........
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had service with them in 2004 and we requested that the phone be shut off in August prepairing for move the end of Sept. of 2004 we moved out Oct 1 of 2004 and then we pulled our CR and they were on mine for 267.62 as a collection. Come to find out they did not cut the phone off til Feb of 2005 and even admitted they messed up and that the request for turn off was in their system dated in August of 2004
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working right now on writing a PFD letter. I don't disagree that I probably owe that small amount (of course, my letter will have that disclaimer that my letter does admit the debt!), so I'm willing to pay to get the TL's off my CR.  I'm thinking that I might use some GW letter terminology, such as "I have a couple of retail stores that each use multiple phone lines and have been a long-time customer."
I'll let you'all know how things work out with Verizon.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.