Reply
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?



jenkins wrote:
i thought that you had to pay them off for them to go bye bye after 7 years


Nope. You could PIF at DOFD plus 2700 days. Then see them drop the next day. Or perhaps even drop 2 days before you paid. Or ...
 
Established Contributor
dog
Posts: 560
Registered: ‎05-03-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

i have waited all of mine out for seven years, come this january, and never paid a single one of them(except for those blasted student loans that never go away).  i managed to never get sued on any of my baddies, and man i screwed with the collection agencies like mad....they would call and i would ask them what they were wearing (female and male), tell them that they were calling sherman hemsley and weezie gonna kick they a**es if they call back, sometimes would blast an air horn in their ears, and, best of all, once i got a program on my phone that could set up call forwarding for only specific callers, i would forward them to those 800 numbers that refer you to a 900 number.  it gave me some comic relief from their crap.  i should be ashamed, but man i didnt have any money to give them back then and they wouldnt listen!

jenkins wrote:
well i paid everything i had off, but even if they dont get deleted they will be gone soon, i thought that you had to pay them off for them to go bye bye after 7 years, wow my wife should see an improvement in her score soon.



Moderator Emeritus
Timothy
Posts: 9,252
Registered: ‎03-19-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

Now your Nickname finanly makes sense.  

dog wrote:
i have waited all of mine out for seven years, come this january, and never paid a single one of them(except for those blasted student loans that never go away).  i managed to never get sued on any of my baddies, and man i screwed with the collection agencies like mad....they would call and i would ask them what they were wearing (female and male), tell them that they were calling sherman hemsley and weezie gonna kick they a**es if they call back, sometimes would blast an air horn in their ears, and, best of all, once i got a program on my phone that could set up call forwarding for only specific callers, i would forward them to those 800 numbers that refer you to a 900 number.  it gave me some comic relief from their crap.  i should be ashamed, but man i didnt have any money to give them back then and they wouldnt listen!

jenkins wrote:
well i paid everything i had off, but even if they dont get deleted they will be gone soon, i thought that you had to pay them off for them to go bye bye after 7 years, wow my wife should see an improvement in her score soon.






Valued Member
motoracer
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎06-15-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

dog correct me if im wrong but I believe that any activity on the account start the SOL all over again correct??
Valued Member
motoracer
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎06-15-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

back in the day I got a call from a CA and I acted like I was a dective it went something like this "no mr. *&^(*&^@# (my name) is not here this is detective gilbert who is this? he gave me his name and I asked how he new me because I was found dead in my house and it look like someone murdered me and I quized and quized him like he was a suspect in the murder!! haha It went on for about 5 or 6 mins I told him were gonna have to bring you in for questioning...hahah it was the best.....
me like Dog back then was broke and in school didnt have an extra dime to pass around ramen noodles and sunny delight
 
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

Established Contributor
dog
Posts: 560
Registered: ‎05-03-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

that is fo' sho',in most jurisdictions.

motoracer wrote:
dog correct me if im wrong but I believe that any activity on the account start the SOL all over again correct??



Established Contributor
dog
Posts: 560
Registered: ‎05-03-2007

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

that is very clever.  i wish i had thought of something like that. 
 
the only time those ca's got the best of me was when they started calling my dad....that fool never paid a nickel late in his life, and he would call to ream me out with a hot poker every time they called him.  i finally stopped answering his calls too....i am dead serious, we didnt talk for months at a time over that crap.  so i think they deserved my little games. 

motoracer wrote:
back in the day I got a call from a CA and I acted like I was a dective it went something like this "no mr. *&^(*&^@# (my name) is not here this is detective gilbert who is this? he gave me his name and I asked how he new me because I was found dead in my house and it look like someone murdered me and I quized and quized him like he was a suspect in the murder!! haha It went on for about 5 or 6 mins I told him were gonna have to bring you in for questioning...hahah it was the best.....
me like Dog back then was broke and in school didnt have an extra dime to pass around ramen noodles and sunny delight
 




myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+