Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pedfed over BoA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pedfed over BoA?

Hello all! First post here, although I have been lurking for some time.

I am looking to leave BOA because of the lack of customer service, and the absolutely horrendous credit department.

I was considering Pedfed, because they seem customer-centric, and seem to have a much more substantial credit department.

Thoughts and opinions?

3 REPLIES 3
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: Pedfed over BoA?

@Anonymouswrote:

I am looking to leave BOA because of the lack of customer service, and the absolutely horrendous credit department.

I was considering Pedfed, because they seem customer-centric, and seem to have a much more substantial credit department.

Thoughts and opinions?

Hell yea! Them or Navy, if your ok not going into branches for things. Also consider your local CU, they’re typically great! 

But yes, PenFed has good customer service (super long wait times on the phone, beware.) 

im not banking with NAVY atm, can’t comment on them just what I’ve read and they’re just as good it seems.

i dont know how anybody could bank with the large corporate banks....

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Thoughts and opinions?

Hell yea! Them or Navy, if your ok not going into branches for things. Also consider your local CU, they’re typically great! 

But yes, PenFed has good customer service (super long wait times on the phone, beware.) 

im not banking with NAVY atm, can’t comment on them just what I’ve read and they’re just as good it seems.

Thanks for the insight. Yes, to be honest, I don't get the whole corporate banking "thing."

However, I never really learned much about credit unions. I guess I never had much exposure to them.

Growing up, my folks always used big banks like BoA, etc...

Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Gregory1776wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks for the insight. Yes, to be honest, I don't get the whole corporate banking "thing."

However, I never really learned much about credit unions. I guess I never had much exposure to them.

Growing up, my folks always used big banks like BoA, etc...

I never even thought of credit unions until I joined the MyFICO forum, but have found that they are a better alternative.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.