Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed opening and closing an account the same day

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Pen Fed opening and closing an account the same day

I received a pre-approval to increase my PLOC with Pen Fed, to take my account from 20k to 25k.

When I verbally spoke to CSR, the transaction went fine and my PLOC was increased with no issue.

But, when I looked at my updated reports, all three show a new PLOC opening up for 5k, and bizarre thing the account was opened and closed on the exact same day. 

Now I have a new account reporting which is affecting my AAoA, and affecting the reason I have been declined for a couple of CLI, as one of the stated reasons is too many new accounts. 

The opening and closing on the same day is the only new account on my reports for over two years except my mortgage which was opened in 6/2014.

Is it worth me calling Pen Fed to ask them to remove the account from my reports ?

Thank you,

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pen Fed opening and closing an account the same day

Why would you not? You stated it was affecting your ability to get credit and it's inaccurate. Creditors are required to report only accurate information.
Message 2 of 9
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Thank you

My thoughts as well.

Even though I have great scores and tons of credit I am by no means a credit expert.

J

CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 3 of 9
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I called, spoke to very nice CSR.

She acknowledged it was done in error.

Asked if i could fax pages of Reports showing account so they did not have to do a pull, and I said no problem.

She filled out form for deletion, and I faxed information in.

Hopefully that resolves it.

Thank you for advice.

Message 4 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I called, spoke to very nice CSR.

She acknowledged it was done in error.

Asked if i could fax pages of Reports showing account so they did not have to do a pull, and I said no problem.

She filled out form for deletion, and I faxed information in.

Hopefully that resolves it.

Thank you for advice.

hey, that's a great experience (the resolution).    maybe they'll bump you up another 5k for the hassle, lol    :]

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you. I have only have PenFed for about 6 months, but I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Message 6 of 9
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Just messaged them as well as called them...they said they can't do this, even had me speak with a supervisor. So I'm not sure how you convinced someone to do so. Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two of these open/close same day accounts from NASA, on all three of my reports. I contacted them to get them removed and, so far, have gotten no response.

Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two of these open/close same day accounts from NASA, on all three of my reports. I contacted them to get them removed and, so far, have gotten no response.

Time to get some agenies involved and hope this yields some fruit.  Nudge them a bit and this has been going on way to long with lack of care from them.. So you can't say you haven't tried with them first.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.