Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Nextgen Internal Score

tag
FA21
New Contributor

PenFed Nextgen Internal Score

I just became a member to PenFed after weeks of reading this forum.  I noticed that PenFed gives a lot of weight to the Nextgen internal score.  Where can I find my Nextgen score?  I know they pull my credit when I applied for membership and I assume that a new Nextgen score was calculated.  I would love to see how I score with them before I pull a trigger on a CC application.  Thanks in advance...

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Nextgen Internal Score

They will actually give you the score they use when they pull it each quarter.  I believe they just pulled it not long ago, so it will likely be a couple months before you will see the banner for your new FICO score in the add block above your accounts.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be a tile on your Penfed account's main screen providing a link to the NexGen 2 score (which, for Penfed, is Equifax). If you don't see it, you might be able to find it under "add new tiles". Do be aware, though, that you need to have a credit card or other loan (mortgage, car, personal loan) or (I think!) Access America checking account to be able to get your NexGen score from Penfed; they might also have sent you a letter with the score when your application was approved.

Penfed's EQ NG2 score is an odd duck; not many other lenders use it, and the figures it generates are different from FICO's EQ scores. To use my own example, I'm currently 659 for EQ on FICO 8, but over on Penfed, my EQ score is at 690 with NG 2. I got a letter with the score shortly after my used-car loan was approved in February, and Penfed updated my account screen with the score tile a bit over a month later, after their quarterly site update. Penfed updates the score quarterly, so I think my next score should generate around the end of next month.

Message 3 of 12
FA21
New Contributor

Thanks

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 4 of 12
FA21
New Contributor

I dont have any accounts with them yet.  I was thinking of applying for a CC but I opened 4 CCs in the last 6 weeks and because of this and two car loans that I recently closed my FICO score went down.  I was trying to get the Nextgen score to see if I have a chance of being approved for the easiest CC.  I guess I'll have to wait until next month and see the new scores before I can apply. 

Message 5 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FA21 wrote:

I dont have any accounts with them yet.  I was thinking of applying for a CC but I opened 4 CCs in the last 6 weeks and because of this and two car loans that I recently closed my FICO score went down.  I was trying to get the Nextgen score to see if I have a chance of being approved for the easiest CC.  I guess I'll have to wait until next month and see the new scores before I can apply. 

I don't think they give you a score (or least they didn't used to) with just a share account.  Had to have some credit product to get the score as it's part of their account review process that provides the scores.

        
Message 6 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

OP - you will only get the score if you have some type of a credit product with them

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FA21 wrote:

I just became a member to PenFed after weeks of reading this forum.  I noticed that PenFed gives a lot of weight to the Nextgen internal score.  Where can I find my Nextgen score?  I know they pull my credit when I applied for membership and I assume that a new Nextgen score was calculated.  I would love to see how I score with them before I pull a trigger on a CC application.  Thanks in advance...

It's not available anywhere except on the PenFed site. They give it to you quarterly a month late. Your May 31st score will be available in early July.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 12
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

I have only a share account with Penfed. No type of credit accounts at all and I receive the Nextgen credit score quarterly.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please help me and point me in the right direction? I'm on the site now and don't anywhere to see my NextGen2 score. I have Access America acct, Regular Shares and a Power Cash Rewards card. I opened the Shares and Power Cash card on 1/06/18 and the Access America on 2/01/18.
Thanks
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.