Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Offering Free FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Offering Free FICO?

I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but I hope it's close enough.

I logged in to my PenFed account and was given a notification of a new feature, viewing my FICO score! Here's a screenshot of what it looked like on the overview page:

I followed the link and was shown my "FICO NextGen Score", as well as a page with some links to resources about learning how credit scores work etc. Unfortunately though I couldn't find anything on the page indicating what bureau it was from. But here's what it looked like:

Does anyone else have this? Is it perhaps common knowledge? I just noticed it today and hadn't heard of it before, so hopefully it's a new think for all members. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Offering Free FICO?

They've given that score for a long time now.  Nothing new

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, my apologies then! I hadn't seen it before, and it had a little "new" tag on the image, so I thought it was. Sorry for the spam thread!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, my apologies then! I hadn't seen it before, and it had a little "new" tag on the image, so I thought it was. Sorry for the spam thread!

No need to apologize and your post isn't anything close to spam.  Just so you know the score that they give is a Fico Score based on Equifax.  The NextGen score was developed in 2001 and almost no one uses it except PenFed.  And when I say that they given that score for while, it was early 2014 when they started providing it. And it says 'new' on it because they just updated the score the other day.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No need to apologize and your post isn't anything close to spam.  Just so you know the score that they give is a Fico Score based on Equifax.  The NextGen score was developed in 2001 and almost no one uses it except PenFed.  And when I say that they given that score for while, it was early 2014 when they started providing it. And it says 'new' on it because they just updated the score the other day.

Thank you very much, that's helpful and appreciated. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

If a site's search feature isn't working for you then try a site restricted Google search.  Here's an example relevant to this thread:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=penfed%20fico%2...

...and here's PenFed's announcement from about a year ago:

http://blog.penfed.org/your-fico-score/

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.