Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed PLOC Credit Line Increase

tag
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

PenFed PLOC Credit Line Increase

Has anyone ever received a credit line increase WITHOUT you requesting it or initiating it, i.e., PenFed automatically increased it after a period of time, presumably without doing a hard pull since they do not have your permission?

I ask since my CL is only $1,000 for my PenFed PLOC and I don't want to ask for one nor is there a link to request one, since they will doa hard pull which I don't want to happen. 

Been gardenining since 12/9/14.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed PLOC Credit Line Increase

When did you pick that up?  Folks getting approved for substantially higher with lower scores and I'm pretty certain lower income.

Penfed has changed their UW policies in the last six months to year apparently, but even so that strikes me as a low and unuseful amount for a PLOC.  Too bad, least via web page marketing the Penfed looks to be among the most flexible and therefore best that I looked at.

        
Message 2 of 4
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Has anyone ever received a credit line increase WITHOUT you requesting it or initiating it, i.e., PenFed automatically increased it after a period of time, presumably without doing a hard pull since they do not have your permission?

I ask since my CL is only $1,000 for my PenFed PLOC and I don't want to ask for one nor is there a link to request one, since they will doa hard pull which I don't want to happen. 

Been gardenining since 12/9/14.

I haven't seen any threads about them giving an auto CLI on a PLOC yet. I'm dead sure they will pull if you request one and you're beyond the initial pull timeframe

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 4
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

When did you pick that up?  Folks getting approved for substantially higher with lower scores and I'm pretty certain lower income.

Penfed has changed their UW policies in the last six months to year apparently, but even so that strikes me as a low and unuseful amount for a PLOC.  Too bad, least via web page marketing the Penfed looks to be among the most flexible and therefore best that I looked at.

^^^^^

I opened up the PLOC Fall 2014, this was after an initial failed attempt, then a failed recon.

I waited a few months and tried again and I think I only asked for $1,000 to get my foot in the door thinking it'll be easier to get approved since back then I had 23 cc and $300K in tradelines. I got approved for $1,000. I don't really use it, but would be nice with a higher limit. I have another CU line at $20K, in fact 5 PLOCs in total. 

Anyway, I don't plan to get a hard pull until 2017 since in 2016 I plan to app for a mortgage.

No biggie, at least I have a PLOC with PenFed which is my goal regardless of the line amount.

I also asked since when I used to have a PenFed Promise cc before I cancelled it, there was a link to ask for an increase in line amount, but never saw a similar link for the PLOC with PenFed; I never asked for a cc line increase either.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.