Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed PLOC question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed PLOC question

I was approved for a PenFed PLOC almost 2 months ago. I had read that it'll report as a revolving account. Does that mean that the limit and any balance will factor into my overall credit limit and utilization? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed PLOC question

yes and yes

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought. However, according to CK, it's reporting as a revolving account but the limit doesn't appear to be factored into my overall limit or my utilization at all.

Message 3 of 5
jbsea
Established Contributor

I see the same thing on my NFCU CLOC on CK.... But the only thing in contrast to that is when I let my UtL go up this last round (it should be up to around 10% from around 1%) I didnt see much of a drop in my fico score.  So I hope someone chimes in on this.  I think CK has it wrong because if it is not included I should have had a much bigger drop in score.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jbsea wrote:

I see the same thing on my NFCU CLOC on CK.... But the only thing in contrast to that is when I let my UtL go up this last round (it should be up to around 10% from around 1%) I didnt see much of a drop in my fico score.  So I hope someone chimes in on this.  I think CK has it wrong because if it is not included I should have had a much bigger drop in score.

On the NFCU LOC?  1 vs 10% isn't a big deal on an individual tradeline even under FICO.  I went from something like $6 to 66% and didn't see a change at one point but it wasn't an entirely clean datapoint, but am planning to do some real testing on that in the near future as I just haven't followed through with my tradline utilization metrics.  The 1-9% rule was established a while ago know it doesn't completely hold (since I get no difference at $2 <<< 1%) but not sure how far that stretches.  Still good advice though admittedly.

This is just a theory, but I think CK which is Vantage Score 3.0 may look more at raw balances rather than percentages like FICO.  It's really the only reason I can suggest from some people's anecdotal data that their scores are so much lower than their FICO ones.  I do know VS looks at raw limits, it would follow it might do this on balances too.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.