Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed NG2 score up.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed NG2 score up.

Up 69 points, but no preapprovals. Smiley Sad

Should I give up on preapprovals this quarter, or is there a chance they're still processing?

Message 21 of 47
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

JR_TX wrote:
Hope someone would be kind enough to post a screenie of a pre-app offer. Really wanna know what I should be looking or watching out for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi JR_TX - here are screenshots of my PenFed pre-approved offers for this quarter. I was surprised to receive pre-approved offers for this quarter since I also received pre-approved offers last quarter. And my NG2 score dropped 33 points this quarter, from 857 to 824, all because I paid off my car loan back in March.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@CribDuchess ;

Thanks so much for those screenshots! Smiley Happy
By the way those are awesome pre-approvals you got there! Oh and awesome scores too!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 22 of 47
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Up 69 points, but no preapprovals. Smiley Sad

Should I give up on preapprovals this quarter, or is there a chance they're still processing?

Congrats on your score increase, CS2708!  That's a pretty nice jump.

Sorry to say, but I think you would see the pre-approvals today if you had any.  Hopefully you'll receive them next quarter.  Just keep up the good work!  Congrats again on the very nice score increase.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 23 of 47
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
@JR_TX wrote:
Hope someone would be kind enough to post a screenie of a pre-app offer. Really wanna know what I should be looking or watching out for.

Hi JR_TX - here are screenshots of my PenFed pre-approved offers for this quarter. I was surprised to receive pre-approved offers for this quarter since I also received pre-approved offers last quarter. And my NG2 score dropped 33 points this quarter, from 857 to 824, all because I paid off my car loan back in March.

@CribDuchess ;

Thanks so much for those screenshots! Smiley Happy
By the way those are awesome pre-approvals you got there! Oh and awesome scores too!

You are very welcome, JR_TX!  And, thank you so much for the kind words.  Smiley Happy  Have a great weekend and 4th!

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Up 3 points over the quarter, 690 to 693. I would have thought myself it'd be more with all the activity since February, but hey, up is up, right?

And I don't know if it was there before - I may not have been looking for it or thought to click on it because I didn't see any specific offer in that block - but I got a long list of prescreened offers, including, hilariously, an offer for a used auto loan for up to $15,000...um, guys? I already have a used auto loan with you. Smiley LOL

More to the point, though, when I click "All Offers", I have pre-screened offers for the Power Cash Rewards Visa, the Platinum Rewards Visa, the Promise Visa, and the Travel Rewards American Express. And all of them have the same maximum amount, $8,000. When I click the "Apply" button under "Credit Cards", I get offers for the Power Cash Rewards (at 17.74% APR) and Promise (at 16.24% APR), with a SL of $3,000. Since this is a hard, single-figure APR offer and a hard SL figure, I have the feeling I'll be approved if I apply for either of these...

*sigh* and here I just announced my return to the garden this morning, and the card at the top of my want list is now dangling tantalizingly within reach. Do I or don't I, do I or don't I??? Smiley Frustrated...

Message 25 of 47
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Up 3 points over the quarter, 690 to 693. I would have thought myself it'd be more with all the activity since February, but hey, up is up, right?

And I don't know if it was there before - I may not have been looking for it or thought to click on it because I didn't see any specific offer in that block - but I got a long list of prescreened offers, including, hilariously, an offer for a used auto loan for up to $15,000...um, guys? I already have a used auto loan with you. Smiley LOL

More to the point, though, when I click "All Offers", I have pre-screened offers for the Power Cash Rewards Visa, the Platinum Rewards Visa, the Promise Visa, and the Travel Rewards American Express. And all of them have the same maximum amount, $8,000. When I click the "Apply" button under "Credit Cards", I get offers for the Power Cash Rewards (at 17.74% APR) and Promise (at 16.24% APR), with a SL of $3,000. Since this is a hard, single-figure APR offer and a hard SL figure, I have the feeling I'll be approved if I apply for either of these...

*sigh* and here I just announced my return to the garden this morning, and the card at the top of my want list is now dangling tantalizingly within reach. Do I or don't I, do I or don't I??? Smiley Frustrated...

Congrats on all that PenFed pre-approved luv, joe8185!!  Smiley Happy  It is VERY tempting, isn't it?!  I kind of suspect that if you don't take any offers right now, that you'll probably have offers again in the next quarter.  Just a guess on my part, but that's what happened to me this time, as i had back-to-back quarterly offers and I didn't accept any offers last quarter.

Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on all that PenFed pre-approved luv, joe8185!!  Smiley Happy  It is VERY tempting, isn't it?!  I kind of suspect that if you don't take any offers right now, that you'll probably have offers again in the next quarter.  Just a guess on my part, but that's what happened to me this time, as i had back-to-back quarterly offers and I didn't accept any offers last quarter.

Well, I ended up taking the offer on the Power Cash Rewards (17.74%, $3K). What I didn't mention before is that on that page, they didn't hedge and say I was pre-approved, pre-qualified or pre-selected. They said flatly that I was approved for either card if I took either offer. That seems pretty definite, much more so than "pre-approved" or "pre-selected". I had to fiddle with NoScript to get all the thingies activated so I could sign the application online, but it's done, so I guess we'll find out for sure Monday.

Message 27 of 47
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I ended up taking the offer on the Power Cash Rewards (17.74%, $3K). What I didn't mention before is that on that page, they didn't hedge and say I was pre-approved, pre-qualified or pre-selected. They said flatly that I was approved for either card if I took either offer. That seems pretty definite, much more so than "pre-approved" or "pre-selected". I had to fiddle with NoScript to get all the thingies activated so I could sign the application online, but it's done, so I guess we'll find out for sure Monday.

Congrats on the Power Cash Rewards card!  It's a done deal, and nothing should change on Monday.  Pre-approved IS approved, there's no difference.  But yes, pre-selected or pre-qualified is definitely not an automatic approval.  I guess my main point is that you didn't receive anything different than any other member who has pre-approved offers from PenFed.

Message 28 of 47
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@CribDuchess;
Have a great weekend and 4th as well! Smiley Happy

Well... No pre's for me. Though my NG2 went up 14pts to 722, I'm still on my 5th month with them so can't really complain. My $10K SL with them is still my 2nd highest limit so happy camper I am still. Plus my BK7 badge of dishonor doesn't come off 'til 2021. Smiley Sad
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 29 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the Power Cash Rewards card!  It's a done deal, and nothing should change on Monday.  Pre-approved IS approved, there's no difference.  But yes, pre-selected or pre-qualified is definitely not an automatic approval.  I guess my main point is that you didn't receive anything different than any other member who has pre-approved offers from PenFed.

Thanks! I have to say, it's very rare to see flat-out "approved" on a credit card offer, at least in my experience. Even Discover, back when they were blizzarding my paper mailbox with offers, only said "pre-qualified" though they did give me solid one-figure APR's (like Penfed did today). I'm waiting to see when the HP shows up on my Equifax; to give me such a hard offer and approve in advance, they had to have pulled my report.

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.