Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed

So a week or so ago i inquired about refinancing my auto and my credit equifax. Was froze so i wasn't. Worried about an inquiry but today i unfroze it an an inquiry pops up this normal?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed

@Anonymous wrote:
So a week or so ago i inquired about refinancing my auto and my credit equifax. Was froze so i wasn't. Worried about an inquiry but today i unfroze it an an inquiry pops up this normal?

Did you actually apply for a refinance on your Penfed auto loan and/or credit cards, or did you just talk to them about doing it? If the former, then yes, a hard inquiry on your EQ would be in order once you unfroze that report. If not, you should probably get in touch with Penfed to find out what happened.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only spoke to them

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

well dang they won't remove it, arrgh to not go ahead and apply since i took a hit on that now hmm

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well dang they won't remove it, arrgh to not go ahead and apply since i took a hit on that now hmm

You might as well go ahead, yes - the thing about Penfed is that when they do a HP, it's good for 90 days for any application you want to do.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Joe, tryed boa and a chase card both denied lol, nothing popped up yet for a hp though, might try penfed card then since i've been denied in the past but already took a hit Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your application was not approved for the following reason(s):

• Collection account(s).
  • Length of time accounts have been established.
  • Too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

well its expected, i only have 1 collection though, many inquiries which I know there sensitive there, most accounts a year and a half old but some older and some newer

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.