Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People Say Don't Pay CK Any Mind

tag
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

People Say Don't Pay CK Any Mind

But they are the only site that is actually doing some type of monitoring on my credit reports which is causing my scores to increase. MyFico still has neg things showing on my reports and my scores have not changed much but CK updates as soon as there's changes made to my reports. If, EQ or TU update today,the updates will reflect on CK in the next day or two. CK suggested that I app for the Cap1Plat and Cap1QS1 cards and I was approved for both back to back whereas Myfico still has my scores showing in the mid 400's and I would have never attempted to app for the cards.  I'm just saying who would you trust? Free99 vs $24.95 smh.

CreditOne Platinum:$500/CreditOne American Express $500/Self Secured CC $575

Starting Scores in BK13: EX521,TU537,EX520
Current Scores as of April 2, 23: Waiting on Discharge: EX649,TU608,EX579
Goal Scores: EQ750,TU750,EX750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: People Say Don't Pay CK Any Mind

I have noticed that.  It will take a couple of days to actually get an email about an update/change.  CK is spot on with them and I like that for obvious reasons.Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 31
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

Exactly. I know CK scores are not real exactly but I'm just saying. Their more trustworthy for me versus Myfico. I don't mean to be a debbie downer. I"m just mentioning what I'm noticing between the two sites.

Message 3 of 31
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

CK will suggest dozens of credit cards considering they are paid for doing so.

CK is great for monitoring changes to your reports.

CK DOES NOT give a FICO score... which is what the vast majority of lenders use to make credit decisions.  That being said, CK scores are pretty worthless.

Been that way for a while now...

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 31
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

I know CK scores aren't real TRC. I'm just saying. They are actually monitoring my reports and as I've mentioned,  Myfico has my scores updating slowly and if I follow their scores, I would have never app'd for the two Cap Cards. It's frustrusting to pay for a servce that is not really doing me any justice.

Message 5 of 31
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@MzOptimistic wrote:

But they are the only site that is actually doing some type of monitoring on my report which is increasing my score. MyFico still have things showing on my report and my scores have not changed much but CK updates as soon as there's changes made to my report. If, EQ or TU update today, CK will show it in the next day or two. CK suggested that I app for the Cap1 and CapQS1 account and I was approved for both back to back whereas Myfico still has my scores showing in the mid 400's. I'm just saying who would you trust? Free99 vs $24.95 smh.

I trust the one that most lenders are going to pull and consider approving me on. That's going to be a FICO score in most cases.  I don't believe I've ever applied for credit that they didn't use a FICO score, and I am POSTITIVE that no one has EVER pulled anything CK uses.

Don't get me wrong, CK is great for notifications, but even then, if it's big enough, I will double check MyFico, even if it means buying a report.

Also, it depends on the individual person.  My FICO8 TU is 750 "very good",  CK (everything identical on the reports) shows 654 'fair'.  It hasn't always been that way, there was a time when I was rebuilding again and a thin file that CK scores were higher than MyFico.

So, you may like them better now, but there may be a day come when your credit file is in even better shape than it is now, and the scores will be reversed Smiley Happy

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 6 of 31
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

I guess, you all are missing my point. Myfico is NOT updating my scores accurately. I pay them for a service which they are not providing. All I'm saying is CK is giving me more than Myfico is giving me and it's Free99. If, I listen to Myfico saying my scores are 499 436 etc then I would not have applied for the two Cap1 cards. I'm trying to rebuild my credit and following Myfico is not benefiting me because it's not updating. I know CK IS NOT A REAL Score but they are giving me a more accurate report than Myfico.

Message 7 of 31
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

Um 2brich. I like them better because they are MONITORING My reports. I'm not stating CK SCORES are REAL. I'M STATING they are helping my improve my credit which is what Myfico is suppose to be doing and how can my scores be reversed unless I fall back into not paying my debts. No need for sarcasm. Smh..some people are just rude...

Message 8 of 31
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@MzOptimistic wrote:

I guess, you all are missing my point. Myfico is NOT updating my scores accurately. I pay them for a service which they are not providing.

MyFico updates my scores accurately.  Whenever there is a change to my FICO score I get notified.  It can happen 2-3 times a month depending on the changes that occur when my creditors report monthly.

CK scores are worthless... I don't care if they update 4 times a day or twice a year. They don't mean anything.

I'm not sure what you are expecting exactly...  CK told me yesterday my TU score is 711...

Unfortunately it's not... it's FICO 673.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MzOptimistic wrote:

But they are the only site that is actually doing some type of monitoring on my credit reports which is causing my scores to increase. MyFico still has neg things showing on my reports and my scores have not changed much but CK updates as soon as there's changes made to my reports. If, EQ or TU update today,the updates will reflect on CK in the next day or two. CK suggested that I app for the Cap1Plat and Cap1QS1 cards and I was approved for both back to back whereas Myfico still has my scores showing in the mid 400's and I would have never attempted to app for the cards.  I'm just saying who would you trust? Free99 vs $24.95 smh.

There are *some* things you can trust with CK, and some things you just can't. Their CC recommendations *are* usually pretty good, in my experience. However, the scores themselves, not so much. They may often be higher or lower than your actual FICO scores. They are great for monitoring reports because they pull a fresh report each week.

Your Cap One approvals very likely had more to do with the fresh BK7 discharge than your actual scores. Cap One is known to approve most people right after discharge, regardless of scores but deny people with mid 500 scores and no BK (or a BK more than a few months old). They are funny like that.

The MyFICO 3 bureau monitoring does have some major flaws IMO, which is why I have switched to Experian's Credit Check Total, for $14.95 a month. Daily EX pulls and FICO 8 score, plus TU and EQ pulls and FICO 8 scores three times per month.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.