Declined....10,000

Equity in Home 95,000

No Baddies in 12 months

No Collections Ever

No Public Records Ever

No BK

Income Supports

EQ Score 599

Was Using to Consolidate.....experiences??????

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Perplexed NFCU Equity App'''

What reasons did the CU give for denying the application?  I'm going to assume it wasn't for collateral based on your comment of there being $95,000 in equity to support a $10,000 loan.  What is your debt to income ratio?  You must be highly leveraged on credit cards or have had lots of late payments 12 months ago if you have a score of 599 and no collections, public records or bankruptcy.  My guess would be that the CU is looking for a longer period than 12 months of timely payments, you have too much outstanding revolving debt, your debt to income was too high, or the collateral position isn't as favorable for the bank as you think it is.  In the current market housing values are declining quickly.  If you have a large 1st mortgage ahead of this $10,000 loan, the bank is essentially giving you an unsecured loan as most banks won't payoff a large 1st mortgage to collect on a small second mortgage.  Without more information though this is all just speculation.

Message 2 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Houses are selling well here, we haven't been hit that hard.  We're in a desirable neighborhood with a top rated school.  Our payments are only 5% of yearly + mortgage.  Maybe they took a peek at my travel budget.  In 28 years there have been 28 baddies, most of them 18 months ago except for two at Chase one year ago.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When they turned you down they should have given you what is known as an adverse action notice that should have 1-3 reasons listed why they turned you down.  What reasons were given?
Message 4 of 5
jackg
Established Contributor

Why not just increase your LOC to $10K?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.