cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Finance Software...Which Do You Recommend?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Finance Software...Which Do You Recommend?

I like Money, but I haven't used anything else. It does give the ability to track everything, if it doesn't have a category for it, you can make one. You can set spending limits on things, such as eating out, etc.
Message 11 of 22
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

rifleman wrote:
I love "MY BUDGET PLANNER"

I used quicken, excell, quickbooks--it's either too much (program), too expensive, or too time consuming.

I highly recommend this:
http://www.mybudgetplanner.com/

It's a very simple interface that makes it very easy to enter in credit cards, bank accounts, set a budget, enter in values for your budget, then you can enter in daily values for everything else you spend (like $3 cup of coffe, or $12 sushi take out) and track your spending on a daily basis. It's a great way to micromanage your spending habbits and allows you to immediately find holes in your spending patterns--see what you could be spending too much on, or too little.

I highly recommend it.

I took a look at the website and I liked what I saw! I'm going to try it! Thanks for the tip!
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 12 of 22
fused
Moderator Emeritus

After tinkering with some of the ones suggested and others too, I chose, drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...quicken premier 2008 and downloaded it. I have already inputted all the dates I want my bills paid and set-up the whistles and bells to alert me three days before payments need to be sent out. The only thing I don't like are all of the red numbers...wish I had more black ones.Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused111 wrote:
...The only thing I don't like are all of the red numbers...wish I had more black ones.Smiley Sad

Would those red numbers be from the beer budget?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicken Premier Home and Business for me.  Have used Money and like Quicken much better (personal opinion only).

Once you learn to use it you can keep track of anything financial, run scenarios, etc.  I also use it to prep my taxes (and that in itself saves me lots of $$ and aggravation).  It also exports to TurboTax (I still have my CPA actually 'prepare' since I have depreciation and other investment expenses; and I am self employed).

You will actually surprise yourself by where your money goes!  I did.
Message 15 of 22
fused
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

fused111 wrote:
...The only thing I don't like are all of the red numbers...wish I had more black ones.Smiley Sad

Would those red numbers be from the beer budget?

Yeah that and the 50 pounds of spam my family consumes weekly!Smiley Happy 
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you into software as service and want something simple that use a electronic version of  the envelope budgeting I would recomend http://www.mvelopes.com
Yea that right decide how you are going to spend you money before you spend it.

works credit cards too

you have $50 in your eating out envelope, you put dinner out $15 on a credit card

When it enter into the register either waiting for software to download it from the bank and drag it to the eating out envelope to assign it there, or you can enter it manuly before it downloaded and match it when it gets download.

ever which way once the credit charge assigned to an envelope that $15 is taken out of eating out envelope and placed in another that is used for paying on a credit card.

if software as service isn't your thing check out http://www.snowmintcs.com/products/budgetwin/index.php

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I played with a 2000 version of MS Money for a while several years back, then dumped it for Quicken. I just upgraded to 2008.

Overall I like it.

Wells Fargo is a PITA because they charge $3 a month to auto downloaded. Forget that.

WAMU checking transactions are seeming to "get lost" loading into Quicken, and I can't seem to manually download them to catch up. I'm thinking it's WAMU goofyness. They don't charge me any monthly fees the way WF did, so I'm keeping 'em for that reason.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
I played with a 2000 version of MS Money for a while several years back, then dumped it for Quicken. I just upgraded to 2008.

Overall I like it.

Wells Fargo is a PITA because they charge $3 a month to auto downloaded. Forget that.

WAMU checking transactions are seeming to "get lost" loading into Quicken, and I can't seem to manually download them to catch up. I'm thinking it's WAMU goofyness. They don't charge me any monthly fees the way WF did, so I'm keeping 'em for that reason.

WaMu downloads great for me in money. Changing my active account to PenFed cause I wasnt paying Bofa 10/mo and will not pay Wachovia 6/mo either. I only need to download my most active account

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Quicken Premiere 2008. Been using it in one form or another since 2000. If you are a Costco member I just got my 2008 for $60.12 + tax. BestBuy told me they would price match it from $79.99 if you are so inclined.....
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.